Chapter 29

********
"So you'll be fine?" Draco walked her back to the common room.

"Yeah I will. Thanks for asking," she smiled at him.

"Hey, if anyone touches you again, report to someone, okay?"

"I will," Hermione let out a breezy laugh. For the past thirty minutes, the incident became less frightening as he comforted her with jokes and hugs. She felt much better already.

"You're coming tomorrow, right?"

"To where?" she said, confused. Draco looked a little disappointed that she didn't remmebered, but he shook off the feeling.

"Quidditch pitch. Slytherin against Hufflepuff."

She smiled. It was pretty cute. "Of course," she answered. Draco smiled back. He looked around, making sure no one was watching, risking everything again, and quickly gave her a peck on the lips.

"Why, you! We're not even dating!" Hermione growled.

Draco laughed. "See you, bookworm."

Hermione gripped onto her clothes, shaking slightly. Her heart had somehow lifted on the air and he was swinging it violently. "Oh merlin," she gasped.

********
"Let me see your wand, let me see your wand," Ginny hopped around, as Hermione ducked from her best friend.

"Yeah, let me see it too!" Harry tackled her from the back while Ginny tickled her on the stomach.

"Hey, hey, stop it-" she burst into a fistful of giggles.

"Come on, Hermione, it's not like a diary, surely you can show us!"

"Although the last time we had a diary encounter, it didn't went so well.." Harry scratched his neck.

"Agreed."

Hermione sighed and she took out the wand for them.

"It's really pretty! The designs are delicate, really detail, and sort of elegant."

Hermione smiled at her friend. "Yes, it is."

They chatted for a while, talking about boys and Hermione explained what happened at Diagon Alley, how that creep almost did something horrible to her if she hadn't run.

Ginny let out a scream when she heard it. "That's why I told you I should've have come with you! This is even worse than getting beat up by that stupid Patil!"

"Honestly, it's alright now. We're in school grounds."

Harry nodded his head, eating the same old treacle tart. A few elves appeared, carrying trays of food for them, lifting it above their heads. They all did the same thing at once.

"Thank you, masters," they bowed, carrying coins into their clothes.

"Well, it's time we get some rest," Ginny said.

"Yep. I totally need it."

**********
The Gryffindor kids rushed around, stuffing snacks and taking flags out. It was quite busy this morning.

The great hall was packed with students, people shouting and girls talking excitedly about the upcoming quidditch match.

"Another exciting day, huh?" Harry said miserably.

"Oh, Harry, don't be disappointed," Ginny munched on her peanut butter toast.

"I know! I just wish to play in a match again, if I hadn't lose the last round!"

"Guess we have to rely on our studies to earn the house points," Hermione said. She wasn't really paying attention to the rest of the conversation, and her eyes swept pass the slytherin table.

Pansy was glaring at people, obviously not in a very good mood. She had acted like this ever since Draco confessed he liked her.

But then, he didn't seem that bothered by it. Draco was eating and eating, taking bites everytime a piece of the bread was finished. He must've been hungry, and maybe nervous too.

"Who'd you staring at, Granger?" Cho Chang slipped off without her friend's notice.

"Bitch, get away," Hermione sneered back. The words she said would've made the slytherins proud, and probably also made Mcgonagall twitch her mouth.

"Watch your mouth. Ten points from Gryffindor, like wise."

"Go find your Ronny, bitch," she retorted back.

Cho Chang rolled her eyes, pulling a lock of Hermione's hair and quickly let it go as Ginny turned around to check on her.

*******
Hermione slipped past the crowded slytherins and she found the tent for the quidditch players. Making sure that no one saw her, she pushed the sliver fabric aside and peeked into it.

She was just searching when one of the chaser in the team glared hatefully at her. "What is it you want, Gryffindor?"

"I'm looking for the captain," she said.

"No one wants to see you, you can go back and try to cheer up stupid Potter."

"What's with you and Harry?" she growled.

"Nothing. Just his face makes me feel sick."

"You don't know him, so don't try to-"

"Captain! There's someone here to see you," he shouted as Malfoy passed by, giving encouragements to the rest of the players.

"Who is it? Oh- you can go now, Roger," he pushed his back and smirked at her.

"Hey, came to visit me?"

"Yes. Don't be full of yourself, or think too much," she laughed.

"Well what brings you here?"

"Isn't that obvious?" she huffed, "I came to see you for a while."

"Wow, isn't that nice of you, Granger?" his eyes gleamed.

"Shut up. I came to give you something, okay? Some luck with help." Hermione reached into her pocket and brought out what seems like a silver ferret. She had secretly bought it in a cheap shop when Draco went to grab drinks yesterday and thought she would give him as a lucky charm.

He smiled at it as she placed it into his palm. "Why thank you, though it's a ferret.."

"Anyways," she kissed him on the cheek, "Have fun."

Then she ran away, smiling to herself as she brought her feelings back to her heart.