Chapter 12

This isn't Ron. He's touching your head, Hermione, she scolded herself. Let go. You know he couldn't like you.

Hermione loosen her hands and stepped away from Draco.

"Sorry about that - just don't DROP ME NEXT TIME!" she half screamed at him.

Draco chuckled. "Oh, we're having a next time?"

"Uh-what-no!"

"You do."

"I need to go now. See you tomorrow - same place. Same time." Hermione said, rushing off to the Great Hall once again.

"Wait-let me escort you! I mean - to you know, make sure you're safe- wait no, just - ugh!"

Hermione blinked. Then, she laughed a little because he was plain adorable. Also, she hadn't quite think of a way to stop herself from being hopeless. "Come on, ferret."

Draco stood there, still in embarrassment and shock. But he soon recovered and ran towards Hermoine, who was memerising the spells she needed for her exams.

"What are you going to do about Weasel?"

Hermione shot him an irritated look.

"Oh, sorry."

"No it's fine. Actually, it's not fine! But it's fine for you to - wait yeah, to ask me about it but for my situation - oh, never mind."

"Hermione. We've got to stop talking like that."

"I'm trying to! Anyways, I can't move on and - of course I still love him."

"Now that's the worst thing that could happen when you're -"

"Hermione!" Edward Harris came, looking worried sick.

"Edward?" she said, patting his back as he hugged her. Draco looked at them awkwardly, narrowing his eyes.

"Are you okay?I've heard what happen,if there is anything I could do to help,Hermione-"

"It's fine,"she reassured him. 

"Hey, time out, ravenclaw." 

Edward glared at him. It was kind of stupid to do that, for Draco was much taller than him and also, you can't beat him using your looks. 

"Ah it's you again, Malfoy. What are you doing with the Head Girl? I thought you hated her! "

Draco's eyes glittered in the sun. "And what's the problem if I'm with her? Surely it's not quite your business, is it?"

Edward's jaw tightened. Hermione was actually going to have her head splited in half.

"Actually, correction, it is my business, she's hurt and you're here playing around?"

Hermione actually felt grateful for Edward to defend her. But she knew she had to stop this before something bad happens.

"Edward," she stood in front of him, spreading her hands.

"He won't hurt me. We're - friends."

"Fine," and Edward walked away, going back to his classmates.

Hermione continued to walk through the corridors. "Was that your admirer?"Draco asked. 

"Yeah,sort of,actually."

"He's really annoying. If you're trying to find a new boyfriend, don't pick him."

Hermione looked crossed. "I'm not going to get a new boyfriend."