Arguments

Around three o'clock was when I got a phone call from Ashton. I wanted to let it go to voicemail, but the idiot in me answered the phone. I had one good night with Ashton and suddenly I thought everything was going to continue to be great.

"I'm sick. I think the food was bad last night." The food at homecoming seemed very suspicious. It was a well-known fact not to touch the food there because the food made people sick every year. Or that was the rumor I had hear over the course of the last three years.

"I can bring some meds over. Some soup?" I offered, immediately feeling stupid.

"I'll just take your company." He said into the phone.

I hung up quickly. A big sweatshirt and some leggings were going to have to be enough to swoon Ashton today. I didn't have any effort to give on a Saturday, being home. Dad was working and mom had gone out to lunch with some friends, which meant she'd come home day drunk and I didn't want to be home alone when she returned. Sam was off doing weird same thing Sam did, which I was clueless too. All in all, it didn't hurt to spend time with Ashton.

"I'm here." I smiled gently as he opened the door and looked to me with tired eyes.

"Thank you." Ashton closed his eyes, leaning his head against the wooden doorway. "I asked Calum to come over, but he got mad at me."

"Full moon."

"Huh?" Ashton squinted at me while I touched his forehead with the back of my hand to check for a fever.

"There was theirs theory sophomore year that Calum is meaner when there's a full moon." I chuckled, pulling my hand away from his forehead. "Still seems reasonable two years later."

I made myself at home the minute I walked into Ashton's house. I kicked off my shoes and pulled him to his living room, ordering him to rest on couch. He rested his head on my lap and handed me the remote. The best television you could watch was when you were sick, everything good seemed to be on.

"There's a lot of inside stuff I don't know at Lakewood." He sighed, curling up. It was cute. He was way to big to be laying on the couch, but he was doing it anyway.

"What do you know then?"

"I think Calum's family is going broke." He said. "His parents are also having a lot of issues and they're causing Calum to be really explosive with his anger."

"His family has so much money that's been passed down, how could they possibly be going broke?"

"I overheard the senator talking about someone blackmailing him...I'm not sure about much more than that."

"I see."

Sage 3:23pm:
Ashton's sick. He's dropping some serious shit on Calum's fam.

Michael 3:24pm:
WHAT IS HE SAYING?

Luke 3:24pm:
Oh my godddddddddd.

Sage 3:28pm:
Skype later. 7pm sharp.

-

The Skype call with Michael and Luke went well. We argued a little bit about how long it actually took me find out some worthy information about Calum. But if I wanted to move correctly and secretly, I had to move slowly. This couldn't be rushed if we wanted this to go right.

After Skype, I sat at the dinner table with Sam. We were eating cake mom had brought from her day out and he went through his phone while I got a head start on an English paper.