Jesus Frowns Upon Spitters

I took an Uber to school. I hated it. I was late and made it just in time for English. My driver kept talking to me about Lakewood and what my family did to make me eligible to go there and I didn't want to tell a stranger details like that. The thing with the people living on the outside was that they always wanted a taste of the inside, so they could tell the other outsiders what was going on and spread lies throughout to get someone in trouble.

The cafeteria was louder than any other time I could recall it to be, probably because I was sitting by myself again without a soul to talk to. Michael and Luke were at the football table. I could take a lucky guess on their conversation topics; Michael wasn't talking, sitting back and listening to the rest of the team take low blows at Luke while laughing so hard they could choke on their drinks. Preferably, I'd like to see them all choke and drop dead. I, on the other hand, didn't feel comfortable at the cheer table. They talked a lot and they talked over each other. Opinions on top of opinions never really worked out away, that was probably why Elizabeth always ended up storming off at some point during lunch.

"Hey!"

I looked up from my notebook where I was reading over the potential first draft of my English essay. It was Evelyn. She had her hair tied in a ponytail and she wore Calum's Letterman, which was gutsy because Elizabeth was right across the cafeteria watching everyone's moves. I liked that Evelyn was so bold. It said a lot for Evelyn to have Calum's Letterman and not Elizabeth. I guess that showed who he really preferred at the end of the day. For a second, I felt kind of cool as we both sat her in our respective Letterman jackets. The two least expected girls were really shifting things in this school.

"Shouldn't you be sitting at the table next to theirs?" She referred to the cheer table.

I never understood why the two went together; football and cheer. Maybe it was because both worlds were messy.

"I like this one." I shrugged.

"Well, if I had known you were eating alone, I would've joined you." She said with a smile. Deep down I loved to feel like she had my back more than Luke and Michael did. Slowly, The Trifecta was fading. So, what did it matter if I actually dived head first into a relationship with Ashton? Not like it would matter to my old friends anyway.

Evelyn bid her goodbyes because she had promised the psychology club she would meet with them in the library to discuss something.

"Calum and Elizabeth are talking." Luke sat next to me and Michael sat in front of me. "Must be because Evelyn was wearing his Letterman."

"Now you guys wanna sit with me?" I retorted, ignoring Luke's initial statements.

I looked over my shoulder. Elizabeth was shaken up over something and Calum appeared annoyed as he leaned against the wall. In one ear, out the other, it seemed.

"You're so sensitive, Sage." Michael replied.

"At least Sammy didn't cheat on me with Calum." Low blow, I knew that, but I felt so good saying that out loud just to be petty. Luke was confused with wide eyes, looking back and forth between Michael and I. Clockwork was in my favor today because the bell rang for lunch to end and I was sprinting out of the cafeteria faraway from the mess I just created.

-

"Elizabeth canceled practice." Samantha sighed, gripping her history book tightly.

I walked between her and Lydia towards the student study area outside. The weather was cooperating for once, so it would be a beautiful day to study outside. Lydia was lending me notes I had missed this morning because she was worried I'd fail a few classes and get kicked off the cheer team. I doubted it, but I still accepted her kind gesture.