No. 16- Squeaky Hand

"How much longer?"

"How am I supposed to know? I don't live here," Dream snapped lightly at his companion, Killer. They've been walking down the left corridor on the third level, which was a bit of a walk to even get up there.

The floor looked the least modern— compared to the beginning room. The flooring was clean dark oak, a bit glossy at that; the place left minimal decor besides a few paintings and flowers.

"No clue, just thought you would've known the solution of everything by now," Killer grumbled, as he walked a bit ahead of the twin. "Since you can't seem to find anything, I'll take lead myself."

"Demanding much?" Dream hushed to himself- working with Killer was obviously not ideal.

It had only been a few minutes till Killer stopped midtrack. Dream, not looking, stumbled into the skeleton's back/spine. All in return with the positive skeleton moving back and a swift threat from Killer.

In front of the two was a huge window at the end of the hallway. To be clear, neither Dream nor Killer thought this hallway would ever stop- but load and behold, the end of it there is.

The thing about this window, it's pitch black- the most you could see is your reflection. Dream took a step forward towards the window and knocked on the glass. It was nothing unusual, so what was this see through glass making the guardian so nauseous?

—————-

The layout showed a strange intersection, a nightmare to navigate. There were three hallways, not including the entrance to the garden. The wallpaper was everything but dull; old fashioned at its peak, with diamond patterns and flowers repeated and posted everywhere. It started to hurt Reaper's skull the more he looked at the pattern.

The place screamed gardening shed, based on the worn floorboards and strange gardening tools everywhere. It'd be kinda dangerous to attempt to walk barefoot. There had been some holes where grass showed- though quite shriveled- and roots breaking up the old boards.

Reaper had found it odd that even though there were trees on the outside, there was no way they'd be able to grow their roots this far.

Another bizarre thing, the god felt the dusty and soot covered ground underneath him. Taking the confidence to look down, his boney feet had gotten dirty— as well as him not floating anymore.

Reaper raised an eye-bone at that, he didn't remember not floating.

Shaking it off as it might have been a magical barrier and went down the left hall. On his way, the hallway felt distant; despite being inside it. And most certainly darker, that was pretty obvious. Luckily for the god of death, a small candle with some matches stood on an unstable table in one of the clearings. The skeleton decided to be smart and play around with some fire.

————-