No. 18- Hang on

Lust wished he brought a better jacket with him.

"How could can this place be?"

"I don't know."

Lust huffed at the bland response, rubbing his own arms. Horror and Lust had found themselves in a large room with wide pillars lining the walls. Every step they took echoed throughout the room. They had nicknamed this room 'the museum' based from the statues and artifacts that stood in their designed places. 

Some of the artifacts didn't have any name to it like the others. Some were unsettling, one Horror was sure was a real human corpse. 

The less dressed skeleton took it upon himself to try and read anything on the statues and artifacts; being a bit of a history nerd. There wasn't great education in his home world, so he had taken it upon himself to teach himself things around him. 

No one usually was using the librarby anyways.

"How big even is this place? I can't see the end." Lust questioned once more. He got no reply, which got Lust to be a bit more annoyed. The flirty skeleton at least wanted something to ease his mind on.

He walked over to a statue of a Greek goddess, Persephone, who has accompanied by the single rose in a glass vase. The statue was huge, fine details made with care. It almost looked too realistic to be just a sculpture. 

It was a gorgeous color of red, almost a scarlet. The tips were a bit lighter than the dark middle. Its petals looked soft and delicate; the rose was in full bloom. Lust wanted to g̵̖̯̃͘͘̚͠ṟ̵͙̲͚̈́̈́̈̂̈́ͅǎ̵̫͙̤̜̎͐b̴̬̥̭͖̼̎ it, to have it in his own hands. Even with his high heeled boots, he wasn't tall enough to reach the rose and its vase. Puffing out his purple tinted cheeks, Lust stood on his tippy toes to maximize his height.

He wasn't going to let his height stop him from getting that rose. Besides, once he gets back home, it'd be a perfect gift He was sure th- his thoughts were paused.

Before Lust could take any action, He heard the fast echoes of someone walking behind him. Lust tried to turn around, but his body was already met with strong skeleton arms. Lust soon recognized it to be Horror. 

"H... Horror?"

"What were you doing?"

"I..."

Horror sighed, squeezing Lust before letting him go a bit farther away from the Persephone statue. Lust had to admit, he felt much safer in Horror's grasp than being out in the open of a huge museum.  "You could've hurt yourself."

Lust chuckled, "how could I hurt myself in the first place?" he joked. The stronger of the two didn't laugh along. Lust let his smile fade as he turned back to the rose. He could hear Horror walk away to a nearby artifact. He assumed it was the big Dinosaur tooth. 

He didn't know if he had brought up something that Horror didn't have decent feelings about or not.

He took one last glance at the rose before walking over to Horror.

He only took a few steps before he couldn't move.

Lust was confused, was there something on the ground that his heels got caught on? Looking at the smooth marble floor, it showed no proof that his heels were stuck on anything.