Revenge

3rd Person POV
It was was a sunny day out and Varian was working in his lab, of course. (Y/N was at her house, reading a book, though she got bored after a while and decided to go to Varian's house.
(Y/N) and Varian had been best friends since they were 10; both of them now 14, but Varian is 14 and a half. (Y/N) had started to develop feelings for the young (modern/non-magic) alchemist. Varian also had feelings for (Y/N), both unaware of the love sprouting between them.

Varian's POV
I'm in my lab, working, again. It's probably nice outside, like it is all lot around here, but I want to finish this project I'm doing before I entertain any options of getting fresh air. As I'm adding the measured amount of litmus powder into a vial holding water, I hear a knock at the front door. "Come in!" I yell to the unknown person on the other side of the door, not even looking away from the solution I'm mixing.

(Y/N) 's POV
I walk through the door of Varian's lab and see him working on something at the table. I walk over to him and greet him with a "hey Var". "Hey (Y/N)," he responds without looking up from his project. "What are you doing this time?" I ask.
"Testing the alkalinity of this substance." he holds up a vial of green stuff.
"Cool, are you using a ph strip or a litmus solution?" I'm almost as experienced as Varian in alchemy. "Litmus solution" he replies. "Hey, wanna take a break and get some fresh air?" I offer. "I'll get fresh air later," he says. "But it's really nice outside," I try to persuade him.
"Okay, fine, but after five minutes I'm going back in."
"Fine by me," I say.

3rd Person POV
(Y/N) and Varian were sitting in the grass outside. Varian was staring at (Y/N). (Y/N) looked over and saw him staring, "uh Varian, hello?" she waved her hand infront of his face. "Huh?" Varian comes out of his daze. (Y/N) laughs lightly, "You were just staring at me, like in a trance." "I think I was in a trance," he says lovesick without realizing what he said. As soon as he realized, he covered his mouth and says, " Uh, I-I mean, I think you are beautiful so I was in a- wait, no I mean I think I like that fence! Yeah, I like that fence!" "Y-You th-think I'm beautiful?" (Y/N) is blushing. Varian replies while suddenly blushing also, "Y-yeah..."
"Th-thankyou... but I know that I'm not as a adorkable as you. ;)"
"What does 'adorkable' mean?"
"It's adorable and dork put together."
Varian blushes again when she says that. (Y/N) notices this and leans close to his face. Varian sees (Y/N) close to his face. He and (Y/N) look into each other's eyes. They both lean in closer, their breath mingling as they are a inch away. (Y/N) quickly boops his nose and pulls away. Varian is in shock for a moment; when he looks up at (Y/N), she is smirking. "Oh you're gonna get it" he mumbles, barely audible enough for he to hear him, but she does and quickly gets up and starts running. Varian gets up and runs after her. (Y/N) may be fast, but Varian is faster. Varian catches up to her and tackles her to the ground. "Got you, (N/N)."
(Y/N) sighs in defeat, "Fine, you got me." Varian boops her nose. "Okay, Okay, you got me back, now can you get off of me?" (Y/N) pleads. "Hm, how 'bout.... nope! I haven't gotten my complete revenge yet," Varian says with a smug grin. "But you already booped my nose!" (Y/N) protests. "But I need to get you back even better than you got me, so you'll know not to mess with me again. "Fine, what is it?" (Y/N) gives in and asks. "Hmm...." Varian looks astray, pretending to be thinking, even though he already knows what his revenge will be. "I got it!" he acts like he just thought of it. "What is i-mpf!" Varian cuts off (Y/N) with a kiss. They pull away, both a blushing mess, and Varian says, "Now that's sweet revenge."

The End! Did you like this one shot? Also, let me know if you want me to write an one shot about Varian×OC. If you want, you can give me suggestions or ideas for one shots that you want ne to write. I don't write anything above like Pg 13. Anyway, with that said... See you next time!
-Volana