(Reader!Thief)

(Y/N)  had just left Varian's, her best friend, house. She was running from the castle guards after stealing a few apples. The guards almost caught up to her as she collided with someone, but fortunately she pushed the person to the side as they rolled underneath a table, landing on top of the person. The guards ran right past them upon the draping tablecloth concealing their presence. (V/N) looked down at the figure below her and to her dismay, it was her best friend, Varian.

   Varian looked into her eyes, unfortunately for her, he immediately recognized her. "(Y-Y/N)?" (Y/N) looked at him, her eyes filled with guilt. She opened her mouth to say something, but before she had time to say anything, she heard the shuffling of the guard's feet coming towards them. She knew that they were going to check under the table next, so she grabbed Varian's hand and pulled him out from under the table with her. She hurriedly pulled him along away from the guards to an old abandoned house where she had took to living. When she got there, the first thing out of Varian's mouth was, "What were you thinking?!" (Y/N) looked at the ground shamefully. Varian started to speak again, "Stealing?! Are you kidding me? I know you're smarter than that. Why in the world would you need to steal?!" (Y/N) just kept her eyes glued to the floor. He started to ramble, "You could've gotten hurt, thrown in jail, or even worse! Do you know how many big shot criminals started out by just stealing a few-" (Y/N) interrupted him, "I don't have a choice!" she had a few tears streaming down her face when she looked up at him. Varian was taken back by what she said, "What do you mean?" "I mean I can't afford not to steal, ever since my parents died, I..." She sighed, "Living alone has been hard... I had to learn how to fend for myself. Stealing was the only option." Varian had tears welling up in his eyes. He hugged (Y/N) and said, "I had no idea, (Y/N), why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want you to worry," She said. "Well I am worried," He said, "And that's why I'm going let you stay at my house, if you want to that is." (Y/N) smiled pulled away from the hug, "Are you serious?!" Varian smiled softly, "Of course." (Y/N) had a huge smile on her face as she leaned up to him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Varian's face immediately turned red as his expression gained a goofy smile. (Y/N) giggled at his reaction and booped his nose, "You're adorable, you know that?"