One of a Kind

(Y/N)'s POV
  Hello, I'm (Y/N). I'm a Therianthrope, of sorts. My natural form is actually an animal, instead of a human. My parents are Therianthropes too, but their natural form is human, like most other Therianthropes. I'm not like most others though, I'm different, one of a kind. Another thing that makes me different from other Therianthropes is that my power to turn human is only unlocked once I've fallen in love. My animal form is a black and white cat. When I turn into a human, my clothing match the color of my fur. Anyway, enough with me, let's get on to the present.

3rd Person POV
  Varian was inside his lab, mixing some chemicals together for an experiment when he heard a noise outside. He looked out the window and saw that it was just his father working out in the field again. As the young teen was looking out the window, he could feel the sun's rays radiating heat on his face. The sky was clear today, and for once this fall, there was a warm day. Quirin had told Varian this morning to make sure to get some fresh air today. Varian had a tendency of staying in his lab all day and some fresh air would do him good. Varian looked over at his work and thought about the consequences if he took a break. He weighed out the odds and decided that it would be fine if he took just a short break. He took off his apron and hung it up on a hook in the wall before heading outside. As soon as he walked outside, he knew that this was a bad idea right when the bright sun blinded him. He was about to go back inside when he heard his father call his name. He saw his father beckoning him over and made his way over to the edge of the field. "Son, can you go into the woods and fine some birch wood sticks for me?" Quirin asked Varian. Varian nodded as he said, "Uh, sure dad." Quirin then handed Varian a piece of twine to tie up the bundle of sticks. Varian stuck it in his pocket and made his way to the edge of the woods. He stood on the edge and looked for a birch tree, but he couldn't find any. He sighed when he realized that he'd have to actually go into the woods. He made his way into the woods and looked around for a birch tree, but he still couldn't find one. He groaned and sat down against a tree  "Where am I supposed to a birch tree?" He said as he let out an exasperated sigh. All of the sudden he felt movement next to him. He looked over and saw a white and black cat, attempting to pull a string out of his pocket. He jumped a little in surprise but then calmed down after realizing that it was only a cat. He hesitantly reached out and started to pet the cat. The cat started purring and leaned into his touch. He slowly picked it up and set it in his lap. The cat snuggled into him and rubbed her head on the palm of his hand. Varian saw that it didn't have anything indicating of it being someone's pet and decided that he should take it home with him. So he took the cat home with him, forgetting all about the sticks. After his dad approving of Varian keeping the cat, Varian brought it into his house and into the kitchen. He got some bread for the cat and it happily ate it.
  After two months of the cat watching Varian do his experiments, cuddling with him, and sleeping on his pillow, and pretty much just being with him 24/7, Varian and the cat were inseparable.
  One night, Varian was working on his experiments, when it started to get very late. Varian rubbed his eyes and decided to actually get some sleep in his bed tonight, instead of overworking himself and falling asleep on his desk. Varian trudged upstairs with the cat trailer behind. Varian got into bed, too tired to change his outfit and snuggled under the covers. "Goodnight, Cat," he said sleepily. The cat meowed in response and curled up beside his head. They both drifted off into a deep sleep.
  In the morning, Varian woke up, opening his eyes and yawning. He stretched out his arms only to find one of them being stopped by something, or someone in the way. He looked over to see a (H/C) haired girl, in black and white clothing, curled up, asleep, on his bed. He blinked twice, processing the situation before screaming and falling off of his bed. The sudden adjustment woke up the girl. She was about to stand up when she saw that her paws were now hands. She gasped and sat straight up. Varian peered over the edge of the bed at her. She said quietly to herself, "I'm...human..." Varian looked at her like she was crazy. He said, "Who are you?!" She was taken aback by his sudden outburst, but answered nevertheless, "I'm (Y/N), I'm the same black and white cat that fell asleep next to you last night. I'm a Therianthrope" Varian looked at her suspiciously before saying, "I-If you really are a Therianthrope, then prove it." He said. (Y/N) said, "Okay," Then smirked slightly, "One time, when you were mixing a chemical, you mistaked the number one on your notes for a seven, and the experiment blew up in your face and you couldn't get the substance out of your hair for a week. Oh and also, one time, you told me not to tell anyone that yo-" Varian cuts her off, his cheeks a bright red due to embarrassment, "OKAY! I believe you!" (Y/N) smiled triumphantly and giggled a little. Varian smiled sheepishly as light pink dusted his cheeks and looked away. Oh boy, this relationship was definitely going to be different, one of a kind.

_______________________________________

So, hiiii, I haven't published anything in forever! I'm sorry for that, but I'm going to try to post some more soon. Also, this one had a bad ending, so I kinda want to make a part two, but I'm only going to if you guys want me to. Also, don't worry, I WILL finish all my other oneshots with multiple parts. Just, in time, in time. But anywayyyy, I hope you liked this one and I'll see you (or write to you) next time! For now, au revoir!

                                             -Volana