Love in Time (Part Three)

Varian's POV
  Wow, we're in the future! I never thought that I'd ever get to see the future! After Rapunzel suggests that we should go to bed, I feel slight heat rise to my cheeks. I look down, I must be blushing, but why? Because of the thought of sleeping in the same room as a beautifu- I mean, a girl? No that couldn't be it, right? Right? It doesn't really matter anyway, I'm not in the right timeline, and I'll be heading back to my own timeline in no time,(pun intended) and never see (Y/N) or Hiro again. The thought of never seeing my newfound friends ever again is slightly saddening. I'm not really sure why, but I guess that I just am having a lot of fun with them, especially (Y/N). It's not that I don't want to go back though, because I do. I need to go back home and continue working on bringing advanced technology to Corona as the Royal Engineer. Also, I couldn't leave my dad back there, he would wonder where I am and he'd be all alone. Not only that, I left- Rudiger! I left Rudiger back in Corona! My eyes go wide and I place my head in my hands, shaking my head and repeating "No no no," under my breath.

(Y/N)'s POV
  I look over at Varian only to see his head in his hands, seemingly distressed about something. I frown slightly, thinking that he must be upset about the sleeping arrangements. Nevertheless, I still inquire about it. I tap his shoulder and ask, "Varian? A-Are you okay?" He looks up at me, his eyebrows furrowed in an assumed stressed state. He opens his mouth to speak, but then stops, probably thinking about his wording. "I-I left my best friend back in my timeline," He says sadly. I mouth an oh. I then wrap my arms around him. He looks at me, seemingly surprised by my hug.

  "This always seems to help when I'm down, I thought I'd give it a try," I explain to him. He stays silent, but I can feel his head move. I'm assuming he nodded. Attributing to the idea that he was okay with the hug, his tensed up shoulders relaxed.

Varian's POV
  I happen to glance over at the gang during the hug and catch the mix of different expressions. Eugene was smirking slightly, Cassandra seemed a bit disturbed by the fact that (Y/N) hugged someone she just met, Rapunzel was smiling with delight, and (Y/N)'s friend, Hiro was just looking at us with a clueless expression. And Lance, he was distracted by the left out donuts on the counter. I look at (Y/N) nervously, and she pulls away, probably realizing that my friends were watching us. She smiles up at me innocently, and I can't help but smile as her kind attempt at making me feel better. She sees my smile and smiles more, triumphantly this time. She turns back to everyone else and says, "Um, if any of you need anything, feel free to wake either me or Hiro up." Her friend looked at her, probably questioning why he was volunteered without his consent. Volana rolls her eyes and says, "It's pretty late, so I'm going to head off to bed, goodnight everyone," she says, a yawn cutting in to affirm her message. Everyone nods and they make their way to their assigned sleeping arrangements. (Y/N) starts walking up to her bedroom, I assume, and I quickly follow after her. She lets me choose which bunk I want to sleep on, and I choose the top after figuring out that she normally sleeps on the bottom by the unmade bed. (Y/N) says, "I have some books over there on my bookshelf if you would like to read, and there is a led lamp attached to the bedframe up there you can use. I nod, glancing over at her books. I decide to just go to sleep instead of bother about the books. She sits down on her bed as I hesitantly climb up to my temporary one. I pull the covers back and lay down. (Y/N) turns on the lamp by her bed as most of the light in the room dissapates. She lays back down and I pull the covers up to my chin, watching her from where I am. I hear her say, "Goodnight." I reply with, "G-Good night," stuttering a bit.

_______________________________________________
A/N: Sorry, bad ending, I know. I just wanted to post something. The next part of this will definitely have at least some romance. This was even boring for me to write, but I am still recovering from the writer's block and am not feeling very creative. So I'm sorry if this felt like a filler, because it kinda was. I'm sorry, thank you for reading anyway! Have an amazing day, bye!

                                                               -Volana