Love in Time (Part Two)

"-and Varian will sleep in my room..." (Y/N) finished telling the group about the sleeping arrangements. "Varian's going to sleep in your room? Isn't that like illegal?" Eugene asked. (Y/N) shot a glare at Hiro. "No, it's fine." Hiro said. Cassandra rolled her eyes at Eugene's horrible knowledge of the law. Eugene saw her eye roll and defended himself, "Hey I don't know what the laws are in this century." "That's not even a law in our century," Cassandra said. "Exactly, things change over time," Eugene defended himself again. "Okay, guys, stop bickering," Varian said, clearly getting annoyed. (Y/N) giggled which caused a light pink to dust his cheeks. "Hey, I have an idea, how about we get ice cream," Hiro suggested. "Yeah! That's a great idea!" Rapunzel said excitedly. "Oooh I  love ice cream!" Lance smiled. Hiro turned to me, "What about you?" "Ah, I'd love to, but I should really get to work on fixing the portal," (Y/N) replied. "Hey, m-maybe I could stay back and help you?" Varian asks shlyly. (Y/N) smiles, "Sure." "Okay, that settles is, to the car!" Hiro smiles. "To the what?" Cassandra asks. Hiro's face drops, "Oh yeah... Um, how do I-" "It's a carriage that's self-propelled," (Y/N) interrupted to make it easier for them to understand. "That's fasinating!" Varian beamed. "Anyway...we should get going before it's too late. My aunt doesn't like me being out late," He whispers a little with his hand to the side of his mouth,"She stress eats." Eugene looks at Lance, "Hey, she's just like you, buddy." "It's not my fault, when you're terrified, the sweet doughyness of a donut is very soothing," He defends himself. Cassandra rolls her eyes. "You're right, Hiro, we should probably get going," Rapunzel agrees.
          They head out to the car.
  You get out the tools that you need to fix the time machine. "So, um, what's wrong with the time machine?" Varian asks. "That's the problem... I don't know what's wrong with it," (Y/N) replied. (A/N I'm switching to Author's POV now)
  Varian looks at it inquisitively, "You're probably going to have to take it apart." You groan in annoyance, "It took months to get this thing together. At least I already know where everything goes, but still." You're frowning. Varian tries to cheer you up a little, "W-Well, I can help you, th-then you'll get it done quicker, and me and my friends can get back to our timeline quicker." You smile, "Thanks." But surprisingly, you didn't think that you'd mind having to spend a few more months with him.
     You and Varian started taking the time machine apart. "Um, (Y/N)?" He spoke up. "Yeah?" you respond without taking your eyes off the machine piece in front of you. "How do I get this attachment off?" He asks. You look over to see him struggling to find where the attachment was attached. "Here, let me help," You say while taking the screwdriver from him. As you take the screwdriver, your fingers brush against his for a millisecond, and boy was that milisecond impactful. You both gained a pink hue on your cheeks. Varian looked away while you focused your attention on the piece at hand. You unscrewed the few screws keeping the attachment in place. You were about to hand the screwdriver to him again, but this time being very careful of the placement of your fingers. While paying attention to trying not to make another awkward situation (even though it was still awkward), you didn't notice the piece lying on the floor infront of you. As you stepped foward, you tripped over the piece and fell forward, taking Varian down too. You two fall down, ending up with you on top of Varian with your hands on the sides of his head to keep your head up. You both are turning redder by the second. You look down at Varian to see his cheeks completely pink. As if on cue, the gang and Hiro walk in. Hiro stops midway, "Woah, what's going on here?" You and Varian were about to explain when Eugene interrupted. "Well, I see you two got acquainted rather quickly," He says while wearing a suggestive expression. You quickly deny his assumption, "N-No I-It's not like that, I tripped a-and-" Cassandra interrupted you while smirking a little,"Then why are you still on top of him." "Seriously guys, you really shouldn't be doing this here," Eugene adds. Your blush darkens as you quickly scramble to your feet, a blushing mess. Varian stands up, the color of his cheeks matching yours. (And by that, I mean that he's blushing the same amount as you, not that his skin color is the same.) Rapunzel decides to bail you two out of the awkward situation, she yawns and says," It's getting pretty late, we should probably go to bed soon." The thought of sleeping in the same room as a boy, better yet, Varian, made you blush even more.

_______________________________________

Okay, so the only reason for me ending this part two, leaving it this short, is because I'm kinda busy right now, and I just wanted to get this in before I become too busy and don't have time to write more of it. Anyway, expect a part three (hopefully, but don't get your hopes up even tho I'm telling you to expect it soon lol) soon. So bye! See you, or um talk to you through writing next time!

                                            -Volana