Part Seventeen

After we showered, which took forever because Namjoon was more focused on worshiping every inch of my body rather than getting the sweat and chlorine off of us, Namjoon put my into another one of his shirts and brought me into his bed. 

His sheets are just as expensive as he is. How would someone even get out of this bed? They’re silky soft like laying in a cloud. I was rudely snapped out of my euphoria when a flash half blinded me. 

Me: Hey! Dude! What are you doing? 

Namjoon stood over the bed with a polaroid that was printing out the picture of me he just took. 

Namjoon: You’re so beautiful Nari. 

Me: *giggling* Stop it. 

When the film finished printed, he snapped another one of me mid laugh. 

Namjoon: Smile for me again Princess. 

Me: *laughing* No!

Namjoon: C’mon, you have such a pretty smile. 

He put the camera down then leaned down to kiss me. Starting at my lips, then down my jawline and onto my neck. 

Me: *moaning* f-fuck

Namjoon: I don’t think I’ve heard you curse before tonight. 

Me: *softly* sorry

Namjoon: Don’t be. It's cute that I'm the only one who can make you curse.

His hand moved under the shirt, caressing my skin. Just him touching me was enough for the knot in my stomach to form all over again. 

Namjoon: You’re so cute when you get all riled up.

We were interrupted by the sound of his phone going off on the nightstand. I tried pulling him back to me as he was getting up. He squished my nose and gave his attention to the person on the line. 

Namjoon: *on the phone* Hello? I'm at the house.

His face fell. It was hard to decipher whether he was angry or freaked out. He did nothing but stare distantly out the window on the other side of the room. I turned around but I saw didn’t see anything concerning besides the slim chance of a tree falling over the gate and crashing into the driveway. 

Namjoon hung up the phone, put a shirt on, then hurriedly ran downstairs. Stupidly, I followed him down the steps. He closed the front door as I got down there after him, still looking startled. 

Namjoon: *whispering* Shit.

Me: What was that?

Namjoon: Hey, do your friends know where you are? 

Me: Like, right now? They probably think I’m somewhere down in CaryTown. Or on campus. 

Namjoon: *cupping my face* uh, How about you go spend time with them tonight? 

Me: *pouting* You want me to leave? 

Namjoon: *stuttering* No! I just. I’ve been hogging you every weekend for the last few months. You’re still young, go have fun on a friday night. 

Me: Namjoon are you ok? 

Namjoon: Of course, princess. Now, go have fun. 

It was weird. It's almost like he he was trying to prevent me from something, or hiding something. I checked on snap maps to see where everyone was, and followed it down to campus.

Sooji: Well look it’s the burning bush. 

Me: Nice to see you too Sooji. 

Peach: Ok whatever you guys were fighting about, get over it so we can eat. 

Me: *sitting down* It’s so late, you guys haven’t eaten yet? 

Sooji: Well, we wouldn’t be sitting here in a pizzeria if we already ate. 

Zo: Put the energy away Sooji. 

As I sat down, I could feel Sooji eyeing me, like she was scanning me for drugs. Usually on friday nights, they go to this place on campus called the Mellow Mushroom before going out to a party, but I don’t feel like partying at all. I don’t even feel like being here, I want to go back to Namjoon’s. 

Me: So What are the moves tonight? 

Zo: There is something going on at the-

Peach: We’re not going to another one of those stupid frat parties. 

Mari: Right, their brownies smell like grass. 

Sooji: Because there is grass in it, baby.

Me: Why don’t we just kick it at the apartment then? 

Mari: But that sounds boring.

Zo: No it won’t. When was the last time we had a mellow night? 

Sooji: Who knows, maybe Nari will stick around for it. 

Me: *squishing Sooji’s cheek* Only if I sit with my favorite roommate. 

Mari: Wow so what does that make me? 

Me: No one was talking to you Mari.

Sooji: *hugging me* I don’t like this affection. 

Zo: Ok so it’s a plan though? And Nari is staying? 

Me: Deal. 

Peach: God, bitch it’s been forever. 

Mari: Right, where have you been? 

Me: Let’s just say that I’m working. Kay?