Part Eighteen

The week before winter break, Sooji started making a big deal about how her dad's company is having a Holiday Gala, and how she wants every single one of us to show up.

It is supposed to be an auction where all the winnings go to a boarding school in Haiti that sponsors young girls into education and aboard studying.

The only reason I agreed is because I've never been to a Gala and I sounds like fun to me. And Gala dresses are always cute, so why not?

Sooji picked out my dress for me when the girl and I went out shopping for them. And since it was Sooji's opinion I couldn't really go against it. She was all like "No, red is your color," then refused to take any other options besides what she chose.

Namjoon lost his mind when he saw the purchase come up. He texted me like a million times trying to get me to send a picture of myself in it. One could say that he is obsessed with me.

The gala is on Saturday right before winter break. I could barely walk when I woke up from being with Namjoon the night before. But I forced myself out of bed since this is the last night I get to be with my friends before they go home for the holidays and I'll just be...there in the apartment.

And to say the least, the night wasn't starting off all that great. For one, Sooji's dad looked less than pleased to see me, but at least her mom was nice. But Sooji, Sihyun, Peach, Mari, and Zo all had their little socialite friends here so I'm back in the third wheel stage.

Sihyun has this weird friend named Sejoo, and he would not stop flirting with me and Mari. Even when we sat down at our table up front facing the stage, he sat right in between us talking to us as if we are groupies.

Sooji: SeJoo? Do you think you could keep it in your pants for one night?

Peach: It's still beyond me why your mother even lets you out of the house still.

Sejoo: Because she's hoping I'll bring you home.

Peach: Damn I've never been happier to be gay.

Me: ...but you're not.

Peach: Shush.

Sejoo: That's ok. Maybe this one will accept my invitation. *grabbing my thigh*

Me: *whispering* If you touch me again I'll cut off your balls and feed them to you.

Sejoo cleared his throat and scooted slightly away. I smiled at him sarcastically while I sipped on the drink from the table. Judging by her face, Sooji proud of me.

Dr. Choi: *Clearing throat* Good evening ladies and gentlemen. And all indities in between...

Peach: *whispering* Is your dad trying to sound socially woke right now?

Sooji: *whispering* At least he isn't an infidel priest.

Peach: *whispering* Fuck you, that was my uncle

Zo: *whispering* Is it really the time for a cat fight?

Dr. Choi: I would like to take time to thank you for coming out tonight. Thank you to my supportive wife, who is sitting there at the executive table. And a thank you to my brilliant and beautiful daughter Sooji, who brought her friends here tonight, sitting up front there...

Mari: *whispering* Don't let it get to your head bitch you're not that great.

Sooji: *whispering* Bitch I will-

Me: *whispering* Shh.

Dr. Choi: And most importantly I would like to thank every single one of you that has made a donation to the St. John school for girls in Tiburon, Haiti. This school provides the opportunity to young orphan girls to receive a proper education in spite of the civil unrest...