Familar Stranger [part 4]

"What are you thinking for the baby's room?" I ask Y/N casually as we are sitting on the couch. It's been 4 days since Niall was over and we were drinking. He did go back to Ireland but I know he told Tyler he would be back soon so they can hang out.

I think he really likes him, which makes me happy. Y/N and I have finally been alone the last three days. Trystin had to go back to Colorado and the other two have to work, but they live here.

"I dunno," she shrugs bashfully. "There's still so much I need, I'm not even sure where to begin."

"Well, we still have plenty of time," I talk slowly, sensing she is getting worked up. I place my hand on her knee and rub it comfortingly. "Let's make a list of all the things we need and what we need to do before she comes. We can have a shower, I'm sure mum and Gem will be all over that and we'll take it a little at a time."

"Okay," she says softly, smiling at me. I pull out my phone and start a check list, writing down everything she tells me. It's basically everything you need to take care of a baby. There is no way that room she has is going to fit all this and hold as an office.

"Let's go out," I say after we've listed everything. "I want to look at some things."

"Okay," she agrees and we head out.

I drive us to Beverly Hills where the house I've been looking at is. It's a mansion really, but at least it has it's own gate and plenty of space. The realtor meets us there and let's us in so we can walk around and look at it.

"What do you think?" I ask, looking at her with a smile.

"I like it. It's so spacious and open. Great light," she pauses as we wander to the backyard after walking through the whole house. "Why are we here Harry?"

"I've been thinking, for a while actually, about buying a house here," I say looking at her softly.

"You should," she smiles at me brightly. "I think that's a great idea. You would be so much closer to us."

I look out over the pool before leading her back inside. I pull her to a seat on the stairs and look at her carefully. "My thoughts for this place, is that one day, you and Darcy will move in here with me."

"Are you serious?" She asks, her brow furrowing as she examines my face.

"Serius is actually my God Father," I tease and she laughs, hitting my arm. "Yes love, I want us to be together. You said it yourself, we can't start from the beginning. Your house is way to small for you, although I am happy and proud of you for doing so well for yourself, you still need more room. Your family and my family can all fit in here at the same time and still have room for the baby and possibly the lads."

"When would you want to do it?" She asks softly, wrapping her hands around my arm.

"Whenever your ready. Doesn't matter if it's before she comes or after. We can move all your stuff over here if you want. Is your house paid off?"

"No," she shakes her head. "But I am close."

"Okay, maybe we should focus on getting that paid off so when you do move in, you can do what you want with it. Leave it or sell it, or rent it out," I suggest. "There's so much space here, and I think that is what you need the most."

"Can I think about it?" She asks and I smile.

"Yes. I'm going to buy it now, because I'm flying my mum and Gemma out this week, but take all the time you need," I lean in and kiss her forehead.

We stand and she wanders off while I talk to the realtor and finish paperwork. Once I've signed it all, I walk around and find her in one of the rooms, talking on the phone in Spanish. I lean against the doorway and listen, my eyes never leaving her. When she sees me standing there, she smiles and says goodbye before hanging up and looking at me.