4

Elliot got up at five and went outside to do his chores. When he left the barn after milking the cows, he saw his wife walking back up to the house with the eggs she had gotten from the chickens. He didn't expect her to be up this early, but she was.

"We don't have to go to church today if you don't want too," Elliot spoke, and Olivia jumped a bit as she looked over at him.

"No, I want too. That's why I'm up early. I'm going to get the boys up after I made breakfast and then we can leave." Olivia spoke.

"Honey-"

"I don't want to know about last night. I don't want to know about what you three talked about. All I want to do is move forward. I want to focus on our family, farm, and anything and everything else. Just not my parents." Olivia spoke. She finished moving up the stairs before opening the screen door and walking into the house. Elliot watched as it closed and frowned before moving towards the open cellar door.

As Elliot and Olivia were both inside, Serena and Frank drove up the driveway again and parked once more. Olivia walked from the house this time and stopped and stared at her parents as they walked between her SUV and Elliot's truck before stopping at the bottom of the steps.

"So we made you quiet?" Serena questioned.

"What?" Olivia asked as she gently held her swell.

"Elliot said that when you left, you didn't have to be the quiet daughter of the pastor anymore. Is that true?" Serena spoke. She seemed to like attacking Olivia while Frank loved attacking Elliot. They were mean and angry people since their daughter left, and they had it out for her and her family.

"Momma... Daddy... It's hard trying to be the perfect girl all the time. I wasn't allowed to make a mistake at all. I was stuck going to the youth group, volunteering, and going to church three times a week. I loved it, but I wanted to be a teenager. I wanted to go to concerts and spend weekends with my boyfriend. I wanted to actually have a boyfriend instead of courting random boys from the congregation that you thought would be a good fit. But I found the other half of my heart when I married Elliot. And I gave life to my soulmates. My boys... this is where I want to be and this is how I want to live my life."

()()()

A trait of the Benson's was that they never gave up easily. They never just let things be. They needed to fix everything, and Serena and Frank both thought that their daughter's life was in need of fixing. They knew that something must have happened to have her just up and leave their house. To just leave the clothes hanging on the line.

"You look pretty, Momma." Aaron smiled, as he held his mother's hand as they walked towards their usual pew. Elliot's brother was already sitting there, and even if it wasn't a huge Manhattan cathedral, at least they got what their souls needed.

"Thanks, lovey. You look very handsome in your suit." Olivia grinned. She bounced Ben up higher on her hip as they slid into the pew.

"Hey, I didn't expect you to be awake right now. Did you drive nearly 24 hours in the last couple of days?" Val questioned, and Olivia nodded.

"I did, but I need this. It was a rough few days." Olivia spoke, before passing Ben to Val and then sitting down. Elliot was outside talking to a few of his friends that were helping him with the barn and they were planning on when to work on it again. 

"What happened?" Val mused, and Olivia sighed.

"Uh, my parents followed me back here. They are still in town and harassing us." Olivia frowned, as Aaron rested his head against his mother's arm.

"That stinks." Val frowned, because he wanted to swear but wouldn't do it in the church.

"It does. Are you going to come over for lunch today? The boys have a new soccer ball and I know that they'd love to play with their favorite uncle." Olivia smiled softly and Aaron was quick to start talking about the fun they would have after church.

A few minutes later, Elliot sat beside his wife and kissed her cheek gently before grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

"Did you-" Elliot started, but he stopped talking when the music started. After the song played, Olivia and Elliot both wanted to scream when they saw that not only was their usual pastor and his wife standing up front but so was Serena and Frank.

()()()

After church and a joint sermon between Frank and Pastor John, Olivia and Elliot tried to escape to their vehicle so they wouldn't be approached again. But Pastor John stopped them and smiled.

"I didn't know that your father is a pastor back home in Manhattan!" He smiled. Olivia nodded hesitantly.

"Yeah... I guess their congregation is growing leaps and bounds in the last ten years." Olivia replied.

"Your parents said that they were in town visiting and I just had to have your father help. He is a very good man."

"Uh, did they say anything about me?" Olivia mused.

"They are a little concerned about your spiritual well being." He frowned.

"Pastor John, I don't have a good relationship with my family. I ran away when I was 18 and they didn't approve of Elliot. They didn't like that I wanted something different than what they wanted me to have. They are good people, but just not to me. So please, if you don't mind, don't let them back." Olivia spoke, as she hoped that maybe he'd trust her word of the word of her parents.

"We teach forgiveness, Olivia. Forgive your parents for whatever they may have done and they will do the same for you."

"They hold grudges." Olivia frowned before excusing herself. She moved towards her vehicle and started to get in when Serena grabbed the door and smiled.

"Your father was offered a job here. To help teach classes during the week. I think we may accept it."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D