15

Dressed in the same gown as all three of her older brothers, Jane was baptized in the church. Val was the godfather and Olivia's friend, Lucy, was Jane's godmother. Same for all three boys. Jane didn't cry as her brothers had, and it was as if she almost loved having water dripped on her head.

"You handled that like a champ, Janey!" Val exclaimed as he held his niece above his head before bringing her down quickly to kiss her forehead.

"She is more chill compared to Grant, Aaron, and Ben," Lucy spoke, as she smiled at Val and Jane. Olivia was going to respond, but she stopped when she saw her parents walking towards the group. Olivia sighed, before looking at her husband.

"You can start heading home if you'd like. I'll just catch a ride with your parents." Olivia spoke. Elliot nodded before lifting his sons up before carrying them to the car as Lucy and Val followed close behind with Jane.

"That was a very nice baptism," Frank spoke, as he walked towards his daughter. Serena was clinging to his side as she kept her eyes down.

"Thanks, Dad. It's just how the other four went, just with less crying on my child's part." Olivia spoke. She looked at her mother before looking back at her father.

"Are you having lunch to celebrate? If so we'd like to attend." Frank smirk and Olivia shook her head.

"We are doing lunch just for those invited. Not you two, after I talked to Mom the other night." Olivia spoke.

"What?" Frank asked, and Serena quickly looked at Olivia with wide, tear-filled eyes.

"Oh, so she didn't tell you?" Olivia questioned.

"Olivia, please," Serena begged.

"Why were you talking to Olivia? You never told me about that." Frank growled.

"She and I talked about Kevin," Olivia spoke.

"Who's Kevin?" Frank spoke, playing dumb. Olivia shook her head before looking at Bernie as she and Joseph left the church.

"Your son that was bisexual and into drugs. You know him. The one you completely blocked out of our family. You tore up his pictures and burned them, and you have acted as if nothing happened. As if you didn't have a son at all! You are a sick person, and I don't understand how you live with yourself on a day to day basis." Olivia yelled, before moving quickly to her in-law's vehicle. 

She was hoping that everyone heard because what they did to Kevin was wrong.

()()()

Olivia got home with her in-laws, and she went straight into the barn. She slammed open and then slammed closed the door before standing there as tears finally flowed down her cheeks. She had been so anxious on the car ride home because she almost regretted what she did to her parents. What she said to them about their dead son. But she had to get it out. She had to release her anger about this all because she had been holding it in too long. She had been hiding everything for way too long.

"Olivia?" Lucy questioned quietly, as she came into the barn.

"Lucy... I need you to get out of here before I start screaming." Olivia spoke, as she tried to rub away her tears.

"No, talk to me."

"Lucy, I just yelled at my parents about my brother."

"You have a brother?" Lucy questioned.

"I do. Or I had... I don't know anymore. Lucy, I hate myself for what I did, but I needed to do it. They have been hiding Kevin's past to make it seem like we are a perfect family. Just my parents and me. But Kevin... he was their child. They loved him since he was born."

"What happened to him?" Lucy asked.

"He died of an overdose. He was so upset about the life my parents made him live... it was all a facade." Olivia breathed heavily.

"Then what you did wasn't wrong. They need to get over what they are hiding. Hiding something like the death of a child can really take a toll on a person."

"Lucy, never treat your kids like that. Alright? Promise me that once you and Val get the balls to get together, that your kids will be loved no matter what."

"Me and Val?" Lucy squeaked, and Olivia felt a little calmer that she now had something else to focus on.

"You two are always flirting. Just get to the dating part because it's so much fun."

()()()

After lunch, then dinner, they settled in for a game. And when there was a knock on the door, Elliot went to answer it. He was assuming that it was Frank and Serena, because who else would interrupt their game.

"Yeah?" Elliot asked as he opened the door.

"Can I talk to my daughter?" Frank breathed. Elliot looked at him and noticed his black eye, before swallowing hard.

"I guess... uh, stay out here," Elliot spoke. He moved to the kitchen before leaning close to his wife.

"Babe, your dad is here... he doesn't look good," Elliot spoke. Olivia turned and looked at her husband before nodding slowly.

She stood and walked out of the front door before seeing her father sitting on the front steps. She slowly sat beside him before looking over at him.

"Dad?" Olivia whispered.

"Your mother and I got into a fight tonight about Kevin." He whispered.

"Dad-"

"Don't apologize. We've been ignoring the fact we have a son since he passed away. It's been years, and it's as if we truly forgot about him." Frank spoke. 

"How can you forget about your child?" Olivia asked quietly. 

"I don't know... have you forgotten about Grant?" Frank asked.

"I could never do that. I carried him inside of me... I watched as cancer took over his body. Those images can never be erased from my brain." Olivia spoke. She felt as her father grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"I'm sorry," Frank whispered.

"Daddy..." Olivia trailed off.

"I was forcing you into things I should have. Just like I did with Kevin. I'm the reason why he's dead, and I'll never be able to forgive myself for that... but I'd like to have a relationship with my child. My only living child." 

"Then stop attacking me and my choices. We can figure this out slowly."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D