11

There was always someone at the hospital with Jane. Rarely was she alone, and when she was it was only during her surgeries or MRIs. Her grandparents doted on her, and her parents tried their hardest to be strong and not give in to their thoughts about burying another baby.

"Jane is going on the transplant list." Dr. Duncan spoke, as he sat in his office with Olivia and Elliot. Joseph was currently sitting with his youngest grandchild while Bernie sat with Aaron and Ben at the apartment.

"Her liver is really failing that quickly?" Elliot asked, as his wife quickly grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"Unfortunately it is. Sometimes babies who are on support to breathe and keep her temperature regulated and such, their organs start to fail. We need to test you both, your parents, and your sons. If any of you are a match, we can give Jane a small portion of your liver. It will grow with her and hopefully, it will help her start gaining weight and start making progress."

"But what if none of us is a match? She's just a baby... will she just be pushed aside because she's not a full-grown person?" Olivia asked nervously. She wanted her baby. She wanted her so badly that it hurt. And now she couldn't help but think about some bad person getting Janey's liver just because he or she is an adult.

"No matter what age, if she gets bad enough she will get the liver. But let's get you all checked out."

"Okay." Olivia breathed quietly.

"Now, if you follow me, I will take you both down to get checked out. We will get your results back in a few days and then we can go from there."

()()()

Olivia and Elliot decided against getting Ben and Aaron tested. They didn't want to poke and prod their sons right off the bat. If Bernie, Joseph, and themselves weren't matches then they were going to move to the boys.

"Do you think that since we didn't get any results, that we aren't matches?" Olivia asked as she and Elliot got ready to go in and see Jane. Olivia looked at her husband as she frowned.

"Maybe they are waiting for today. Maybe they are going to rush one of us off to the OR to remove part of our liver!" Elliot smiled. Olivia nodded slowly before turning around and looking at her husband.

"I think we should stop having babies," Olivia spoke quietly, and Elliot frowned.

"Baby, I know that two of our kids have been sick, but Aaron and Ben are healthy! And Jane will come home healthy too. So please, let's not give up already." Elliot spoke.

"No, Elliot! I keep doing something wrong and then our babies get sick! It's my fault and I won't let another child get hurt just because we want another baby. We are fine with the three we have. Or the two we have. And if you have a problem with that, I'm sorry." Olivia huffed, before moving from the bathroom as Elliot finished shaving.

()()()

Upon arrival at the hospital, Olivia and Elliot went straight to see Jane. When they went to walk into the NICU, Dr. Duncan stopped them.

"Mr. Stabler, would you be ready for surgery?" Dr. Duncan asked, and Elliot eyed him with wide eyes.

"What?" Elliot asked.

"You are the perfect match for Jane. It's surprising, but the test results came back this morning. We can take you down to the OR right now. Jane is going to be getting prepped soon." Doctor Duncan smiled, and Olivia let out a sob as she covered her mouth with her hands.

"Really?" Elliot asked as a few tears ran down his cheeks.

"Yes! Now, it's going to be a long recovery for both you and Jane, but still. She will be on the mend soon." Dr. Duncan smiled. Olivia quickly stepped forward and hugged the young doctor before smiling.

"Can I see her real quick before the surgery? We want to pray." Olivia spoke quietly.

"Of course. I need you to keep it down to five minutes. We need to get going because Jane is getting sicker by the hour."

Elliot and Olivia went into the NICU and stood by Jane's incubator. They each had a hand on their daughter as Elliot led them in prayer.

"Lord, thank you for blessing us with all four of our children. Thank you for taking care of Grant and for being here with Jane and watching over her. For watching over us all. Please look over us and give us the strength to get through today. Please help us get through today and allow us to stay on this path no matter what happens. Amen." Elliot spoke, and Olivia opened her eyes before smiling at her husband.

"You are going to save our baby, El." She breathed.

"Well, now you need to try and open your heart and mind to more kids. Because I'm getting a lobe of my liver removed." Elliot laughed. Olivia rolled her eyes before looking back at Jane.

"Okay, lovey. You just keep fighting. We are waiting to take you home. Your brothers want to meet you and hold you. They love you so much and want to meet you and protect you. So do Daddy and I." Olivia spoke, before looking at Elliot.

"Liv-"

"Let's get through this time and the hard year ahead before deciding on what we want to do. If we want to or don't want to expand our family again. You just need to make it through this surgery. If not for me, for our children." Olivia spoke. Elliot walked to his wife and hugged her tightly.

"Don't be scared, Olivia. We are strong and will make it through this. You aren't getting rid of us that easily."

()()()

Olivia walked downstairs and looked at the many pictures of children who had been treated at this hospital. It wasn't a children's hospital, but the children clearly left a mark on this place. Olivia looked at the mural and stopped before finding her little boy. She looked at the picture of Grant as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Do you know that little boy?" A small voice questioned, and Olivia looked over at a little boy who was in a wheelchair, his mother standing behind him.

"It's my little boy. Grant." Olivia replied as she brushed some tears away.

"He's in heaven, isn't he?" The boy questioned, and his mother quickly frowned.

"I'm sorry-" She started, but Olivia shook her head.

"It's fine. And yes, he's in heaven. He fought cancer for his whole life, and he was needed back with God." Olivia spoke, as she tried to keep her faith at this moment. It was a fight since Jane was born, but she was going to keep her faith in God like she had her whole life.

"Why are you here then?" The little boy asked, and Olivia took a slow breath before speaking again.

"I had a little girl a month ago. She was born too early and had to be brought here. Her Daddy is in surgery right now giving her part of his liver."

"I'll pray for her!" He smiled, before looking up at his mother who was tearing up a bit.

"Thanks, little guy. It means a lot. We need as much help as possible right now." Olivia smiled softly.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D