8

Serena let out a loud snore as Olivia grabbed on tightly to the railing as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Liv!" Val called, as he quickly climbed out of the truck after seeing his sister-in-law fall to the ground.

"I'm fine." Olivia whimpered, as she tried her hardest to stay calm, but she was scared. She was scared that having the weight of her mother fall into her and push her swell into the railing was too damaging for her daughter.

"Hey. Hey, are you okay?" Val asked as he quickly knelt beside Olivia and helped her roll onto her back.

"I need to go home." She whimpered.

"You fell. What happened? The baby?" Val asked, as he quickly looked over at Serena before looking back at Olivia.

"She fell into me... All of my weight and Serena's fell on my bump... She isn't moving anymore. She was moving a lot before." Olivia sniffled, and Val bit his lip before lifting Olivia up quickly.

"Ow!" Olivia cried as Val tried his hardest to not shake Olivia.

"It's okay. I'll just drive you to the hospital. Can you hold on till then?" Val asked, and Olivia nodded hesitantly as she rested her head against Val's shoulder.

"I think so... just get me help. I don't want to lose another baby."

()()()

Val got Olivia to the hospital in a little under an hour. She was still in a lot of pain, but she managed to walk into the hospital on her own two feet instead of being carried by Val.

"Can you go get Elliot?" Olivia asked as she stood in line to be seen.

"I'm not leaving you until the doctors can see you," Val replied as he swallowed hard.

"Don't feel guilty, Val," Olivia spoke, as she kept her hands away from her stomach. She didn't want to be used to feeling her stomach swollen, just to have her daughter taken from her.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have guilt-tripped you into taking your mother home. I will never be able to apologize enough for what happened." Val replied, before feeling as Olivia grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly.

"I'm having a contraction." Olivia groaned as she looked up at Val.

"Uh, shit... Can we please get some help? She's only 6 months pregnant but having contractions!" Val yelled as tears welled in his blue eyes. He could still see the day that Grant passed away. How he watched as his nephew's eyes faded and so did his life. He remembered holding his nephew's hand during his party and telling him that he was the absolute best nephew.

"She's too little, Val. She can survive outside of my belly, but I don't know for how long." Olivia whimpered, before doubling over in pain again. She felt her face grow hot and she knew that she'd be getting sick.

"Just take me home... Then if I lose her, then Elliot can at least be here." Olivia whimpered before stepping from the line and clinging to a garbage can as she got sick.

"Please, just help her!" Val cried because he didn't want to be the one who caused his niece to die.

()()()

Elliot had just gone inside to wake up Olivia and tell her that the foal was finally here and was another filly. Elliot went into his bedroom and found his wife wasn't in their bed, but the boys were. Elliot quietly walked from his bedroom before pulling his cell out and dialing his wife's number.

"Liv?" Elliot questioned once his call was answered.

"No, Val... Uh, Liv as at the hospital. I'm here with her." Val spoke, and Elliot felt his chest tighten.

"Why is she at the hospital?" Elliot asked.

"Because I asked her to come to get me from the bar and we took Serena back to her hotel. Serena fell into Olivia and her bump took all of the impact. She's in labor." Val spoke, and Elliot quickly turned and walked into his bedroom.

"I'm bringing the boys to the hospital. You better be sober enough to drive my kids home so I can be with my wife. Do you hear me, Val?" Elliot spat. He was so beyond angry with his brother, but he knew he had to focus on getting to his wife.

"Y-yes. They are trying to stop the labor, Elliot. I swear that-"

"I don't care! Just be ready!"

()()()

Val left Olivia's side once she fell asleep, and when Olivia woke up she saw her husband sitting beside her.

"How'd you get here?" Olivia asked quietly.

"I drove up here after I called you. Val picked up and told me what happened. How are you doing?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shrugged before pushing down the sheet and showing her husband that dark bruises on her swell.

"They don't know what's happening. They said that she may be hurt to the point she'll just pass away. Or that I may have to deliver her. She'll have to be airlifted to a bigger hospital. I have pain medicine in my system so I can't feel the contractions right now." Olivia breathed. She watched as her husband reached out and gently caressed her swell, and he frowned.

"She didn't squirm." He whispered.

"I want her buried next to Grant," Olivia whispered as a few tears ran down her cheeks. Elliot quickly moved closer to his wife. He brushed the tears from her cheeks before shaking his head.

"We will not give up on her this easily. Olivia, we will fight for our daughter because I just don't understand why God will take her away from us, after blessing us with her." Elliot spoke.

"Olivia, I hate to interrupt. But I'm here to see if you have dilated anymore and to ease your pain medication. Is that okay?" The on-call OBGYN spoke.

"Do I have a choice? I want my baby, and I need to know if I'm still in labor." Olivia replied, before looking at her husband.

"I'll go wait outside. Stay strong, baby."

The doctor stopped Olivia's pain medication before checking to see if her labor had progressed more. Olivia winced a bit from the pain before the doctor frowns deeply.

"I'm going to get an OR ready. We are going to do an emergency c-section. If we can get her to our NICU in time, then we will make sure she is stable before sending her Louisville. Alright?"

"What are the chances that the fall caused her brain to swell or her heart to be injured?" Olivia asked as tears ran down her cheeks.

"We will deal with this all when it comes. Now, I'd like to get you to the OR before you feel contractions again. I'll get your husband to join us and we will make this as painless as possible."

Hey guys, thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below.