12

Jane Bria grew stronger after her transplant. She started to gain weight and she started to look like a normal baby. And with her getting stronger, Olivia and Elliot knew that they would be bringing their daughter home soon. Sooner than they thought they'd be able too. Elliot ended up taking Aaron and Ben home, and he was happy to find out that his brother hadn't completely destroyed the farm.

"You've really expanded," Joseph spoke, as he got out of the van.

"Yeah. We are planning on getting some more horses and a few more cows." Elliot replied. He got the boys out before sending them towards the house.

"Have you talked to Serena about what she did?" Joseph questioned, as they walked around back and Joseph started to grab bags. Elliot was still restricted, but only for a week longer. Jane was almost 4 months old now, and the surgery for both of them went amazing. That's why Elliot was released early and Jane may be released in a month or two.

"No. Because there is no point. She doesn't care about us, so clearly she doesn't care about Janey." Elliot sighed. He grabbed the diaper bag since Aaron was in pull-ups and Ben still was wearing diapers.

"Maybe she does. You never know." Joseph replied. He shut the back of the van before they walked towards the house. Elliot opened the door and smiled when he got inside. He loved the farmhouse that he and his wife had made their home. And it felt amazing to be home.

"Hey," Val spoke, as he walked from the kitchen. The boys were running behind him, pretty much stepping on his feet.

"Uh, thanks for taking care of the farm," Elliot spoke, and Val nodded.

"Of course. So, how is Janey?" Val asked, and Elliot smiled as he thought about his baby girl.

"She's getting stronger. She opened her eyes and was smiling at me before I left. She'll probably be 6 months old before we can bring her home. But either way, she'll be home with us."

"Would you be fine if I drove up there to see her? I'd like to meet my niece." Val spoke.

"You'll be staying here with us, son. We can still use the help with these two." Joseph smiled as he looked at the little boys who were racing around the living room.

"Okay. Sounds good... Elliot can we talk real quick?" Val questioned, and Elliot frowned.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really."

()()()

Elliot made Val wait to talk until they were walking out to the backfield to mend a fence. Elliot was just going to watch, but then at least they could talk without their father interrupting. Or the boys.

"Are you still mad at me?" Val asked as Elliot sat down on a stump.

"Yeah. I am." Elliot huffed.

"Well, can I apologize again? You are my best friend and brother. I hate that you hate me." Val frowned.

"I don't hate you. It's just that if you hadn't gone out drinking, my wife would be giving birth to Jane soon. And at full term. Instead, my daughter had to get a liver transplant and I had to get part of my liver removed."

"You'd do it again in a second. You'd give your children anything." Val spoke.

"Because I want them to live full and happy lives. Unlike Grant... he got fucked over." Elliot sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair before pointing at the fence. Val groaned before starting to untangle the wire.

"I felt like I did when Grant came home. I felt like I was just standing around waiting for Jane to die. I was thinking about her every hour of the day, just like I had when we were waiting for Grant to finally be at peace."

"Did you want her to-"

"I would never say that I want my niece or nephews to die! I love them more than I love myself! I never thought that I'd be this close to your kids, but it makes me happy that I am! I hate myself for hurting Olivia and Jane, and I almost just left. I didn't want to be around anymore because I thought that they might both die. Not just Jane. But Olivia too. After all that Olivia has gone through, I didn't want this to be the thing that took her out. Me getting drunk and needing a ride home..."

"Val, listen to me," Elliot spoke.

"Well, you weren't talking so I was!"

"It was a mistake. An accident. But I need to forgive you for this. For something that you didn't even cause. Serena was drunk and fell on Olivia. You were in the truck. You didn't have any control over the situation. So please don't hate yourself for this. And in regards to Serena, I'm going over there to talk to her. Tell her about what happened." Elliot sighed.

"They moved to one of those cabins on the river. The small one-bedroom ones."

"Give me the address, Val. Or else I will be mad again."

()()()

Elliot walked up the dirt path before stopping by the front door. Serena was standing by the screen door. She swallowed hard before biting her lip.

"Olivia had the baby. We named her Jane Bria Stabler. She wasn't even a pound, and we almost lost her. Olivia had her extremely quickly outside of the OR. Olivia didn't even get the chance to have a painless birth to the baby we didn't even expect to have survived. Jane is currently at a hospital in Louisville, and I donated her part of my liver."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" Serena breathed.

"Because if it hadn't been for you drinking and making my wife feel bad, our baby wouldn't be so sick."

"Is she going to make it?" Serena breathed. She had been losing faith in everything, and she knew if her granddaughter passed away, that she'd be a goner. Only the bottle would be able to make her feel better.

"Yeah. Because I gave her part of my liver. Not because of you. So think twice before you try and mess things up for us again. Because you will always have this guilt."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D