Chapter 7: The Prince.

Rowan had never been as lost as he was then. He didn't know how or why Willow could see him as he was, without the glamour up on him. As fas as he knew, Willow was a human. He had made sure before they moved in here. Then why?

It wasn't that he was weak, no in fact he was one of the strongest. His glamour had no imperfections, he knew that. Then how can she see his true eyes?

Rowan had glamoured his eyes to match to a human's. Golden wasn't a common eye color. He was one of the very few people who had golden eyes. The others being his father and his ancestors.

As Rowan climbed the stairs to his room, he couldn't stop thinking about Willow. He wanted to know why he felt an urge to protect her, why he wanted to hurt anyone who hurts her. At the cafe earlier, it took everything in him to not run and hurt the person who made her cry, dry. Till he was begging to be let free. But why? Why was he attracted to her? Could it be that- no, that's impossible. He has to be a full adult, he was still seventeen, not old enough to find her, his mate.

Could it be possible that he was developing a crush on her? Rowan once thought that he had a crush on Annie Melborne, later on he found out that he thought of her more of a friend than a crush, more like a little sister. But it was nothing like how he felt at the moment towards Willow.

Should he talk about this to Felix? Felix surely was an expert at this, thought Rowan.

"I fancy Willow." Said Felix.

Rowan snapped his head to Felix and frowned at him. Was he serious? He didn't want anyone to like his Willow. Wait what? Willow wasn't his, she wasn't his mate, then why does Felix liking her make Rowan angry? He had never been so lost before. All this put the maze back at the palace to shame.

"You don't." Rowan tried to say it calmly, but it came out as a growl. He threw away the thought of asking Felix about his now developing crush on Willow out the window.

That made Felix pause and stare at him with disbelief painted on his face. "I was just trying to gain your attention." Said Felix, raising his arms in a surrender. "Do you though? Fancy Willow, that is."

"I don't know." Said Rowan, when he calmed down. It was the truth though, he wasn't sure what he felt for Willow.

"Well then," Said Felix. "What are you gonna do about Willow?"

"What do you mean?" They were now in front of Rowan's room, opening the door to it, Rowan sat on the bed before laying on it. It wasn't as big as the bed at back home but it will make do.

"She can see your eyes."

"And?"

"She might start believing that she is going mad."

That made Rowan sit up straight. "Why would she do that?"

"Humans have frail minds." Said Felix, as if that would explain everything. "But then again, what if she's not a human?"

"What is she then?" Asked Rowan sarcastically. "A witch?"

"Maybe. Witches are after all good with magic, for all we know she is one." Felix was dead serious.

"She's not." Said Rowan, and he was sure of it. Rowan had seen witches back home, they even had a Royal sorcerer. They all reeked of Magic. Willow didn't, she smelled sweet, so sweet that Rowan found it very hard to stop himself to taste her, just a drop, that is all he wanted, a drop of her blood.

When he had first met her, her blood had been the reason he was drawn to her. The sweet scent of her blood had been thick in the air. He had been dying to lick the blood off her chin, and it scared him. He wasn't supposed to loose control, not over himself nor on the situations he faced but she made him loose it all and he would too, gladly. But logic told him he should be against it, he was after all the Crown Prince of the Vampires.