Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).

Willow got off the bed, even though her body was still a bit stiff, she could still move, though it was difficult to do so. She headed towards Hunter, her eyes throwing throwing daggers at Hunter.

Hunter, who had been yapping in about Rowan stopped, his brows furrowing as he saw Willow walking to him.

Willow raised her hand and landed a slap on Hunter's face. "You're a scum." She said, menacingly. "Do you know that?"

Hunter's face morphed into a scowl, it looked as if he was trying to suppress his anger.

Willow, ignored his expression as she continued, "Just because you are a scum doesn't mean doesn't mean that everyone else is. Even though I haven't known Rowan for long, I know that he has his own morals. Even if I end up not being his mate, he wouldn't simply leave without any explanation."

Hunter's face was growing uglier after listening to every word uttered by Willow. "But would he leave his mate for you?"

Willow scoffed. "And why would I ask him to do that? Why would I ask for someone else's mate to reject her just so we can be together? Why would I wish my fate on her? Won't that stoop me to your level?"

"You—!" Hunter raised his hand I an arc as if he was going to slap Willow.

"Do you dare slap me?" Willow smirked as she flipped her hair which had been coving her collar, making Hunter freeze. Though she didn't want to do that, she didn't want to make use of the Goddess's power for her personal gain, but she was well aware that Hunter was the Alpha of one of the strongest pack in the world, she had seen his prowess when the Goddess had shown the future of what could have happened. She had also seen how he had fought with Rowan, who could kill thirty rouges.

"You—" Hunter stuttered. "You are—"

Willow knew that she was no match for Hunter, even more so when she didn't know how to use her own powers. "You're disgusting." Said Willow. "You reject me and here you come acting like you're making me a favour. Mate you say? My grandma said that she broke our bond, from its roots." Willow felt weird using the intimate term for the goddess, even though they shared the same blood, she still felt weird calling this newfound grandmother intimately. She felt that Hunter should know about the fact that they were mates no more, so that he would let her be now that they meant nothing to each other, there was no bond between them.

"Broke it?" Hunter whispered, looking dazed.

Willow furrowed her brows. "Isn't that what you wanted from the beginning? Haven't you already rejected me? I don't see why you're making a fuss now."

"No." Said Hunter, then he clutched Willow's shoulders, shanking her as he yelled . "No, it's impossible. You're lying. You are my mate, you belong to me and no one else. You're a liar!"

Willow pushed Hunter off her, surprisingly he stumbled back. He looked defeated as he kept on repeating "No."

With her heart running a marathon, Willow stared at Hunter. She tried to calm her heart as her eyes searched around for a sharp object, but she found none in the hospital room. She defences up. "You're crazy. You say that you're my mate, but do you even like me? Have you ever liked me?"

Hunter remained quiet, his head bowed low.

"No you don't, you've never thought about me, you ruined my life, do you know how scared I was to go to school? How it scared me that my mother would find out about me being bullied? And when you were having sex with someone, I would feel like I'm dying, I wished I was dead, just to escape the pain." Willow frowned at Hunter. "You only want me now because you can't bear the thought of me with someone else. But have yet you considered my feelings?"