Chapter 44: Marked (Part II).

Willow sighed as she was yet again lying on the bed, all alone with her head going over various possibilities of what could have happened. She felt all kinds of emotions rile up, what if what Hunter said was true? No, she shouldn't mind his words, she shouldn't let anyone come in between her and Rowan, unless they were truly not meant to be together.

As she was going over the possibilities, she heard a knock on her door. When she answered for the person to come in, Felix' head popped in.

"Hey," Felix smiled. "I heard that you woke up."

Willow nodded as she sat up. "I was waiting for you."

When Felix saw her expression, he understood what she meant to say. "I'm guessing that you already know."

Willow was about to nod, but then she shook her head. "I don't, at least not completely."

Felix sighed as she sat on the chair beside Willow's bed. "Well, there's not much to know. Rowan's missing, and no one is able to find him. Can you imagine throwing a birthday party for someone but the birthday boy himself doesn't attend? The palace is in chaos, and it wouldn't be long before everyone finds out that the crown prince is missing."

Willow stared at her hands feeling restless. "Is there no way to look for him?"

"Actually that's why I came here."

Willow's head snapped up when she heard that.

"I heard from Melody that you are the goddess's granddaughter and also that Hunter is no more your mate. So it might be easier for you to find him?"

"Me?" Willow blinked, confused, but she was wills to do everything to find Rowan, whether he is her mate of not, she would find him.

"Yes, you. Since you aren't only a human, you would be able to find him with ease, but-"

"But?"

"But it would only be possible if you truly are soulmates."

"Oh." Willow grew dejected again, but then she thought that she had previously said that she would find him no matter what, and that is what she would do. "I'll do it, even if he isn't my mate, I'll still help you." Willow smiled resolutely, before it fell of her face. "But Georgia said that I'm not allowed to leave the hospital for at least a week."

Felix grinned. "I'll take care of that."

When Felix said that, Willow thought that he would talk Georgia out, but five minutes later she was sitting on a wheelchair being rolled out by Felix, with a long coat over her hospital gown and a pair of sunglasses on her face and scarf covering her bright hair. She didn't know if she should be laughing of crying.

Thankfully they walked past the nurses and past the pack doctors and other patients, unnoticed. Felix helped her to his car and sat on the drivers side.

"Okay," said Felix. "What now?"

Willow frowned. "I thought you had it all planned."

"I just said that it would be easier to look for him if you helped." Felix defended himself. "Even though I've known Rowan my whole life and I would be able to find him quicker than others, but when he's deliberately hiding then it is impossible for me too, to find him."

Willow scowled at Felix who was putting it all on her now. How would she be able to find without a single clue? "But do you have any idea where he might be?"