Chapter 10: Doctor Rowan To The Rescue.

Willow sighed as she put her phone to her side. She could see her ceiling which she had painted when her father was still alive. It was painted in a midnight blue and they had painted stars with glow in the dark paint.

The all time addictive manhwas were not helping her currently. She couldn't help her mind from wandering off to the black as the night wolf.

Willow had returned back to the same spot the very next day only to find the painting missing! Everything else was right in its place except for the painting. She was worried that Rowan had found about the painting, but after seeing him in the morning he looked indifferent. She then suspected it to be Felix, seeing how he was the one she met when she got back home covered in dirt and paint. But knowing Felix, he would have had commented on it. The wolf then? She wanted to reprimand herself for even having such thoughts. But she was too tired to do so.

Last night was the worst night of her life. It was the most painful and the longest. She was left in ignorance to the pain, she didn't want to be. She had thought that would be the last time she got those cramps, that it was the last time she'd breath. Even though the cramps always give her deadly pain, it was ten times worse than how it normally will be.

She couldn't make out anything, her eyes were blurry, her ears were ringing, her mouth giving out whimpers in fear of waking everyone up though she felt numb.

But then it decreased, she could feel her eyes clearing up, her ears stopped ringing but she was still whimpering till it all decreased, then she saw Rowan and gave out a shriek.

Rowan was sitting on the ground beside her and was holding her hand in his. "Let me stay, please. I can help you." He had said when he noticed her attention on him. And oddly enough she trusted him. Trusted that he would not tell anyone especially her mother about the cramps, trusted that he would not harm her, trusted that he would help her and she had a feeling in her guts that she wouldn't regret it. And she hoped that she could trust them.

Now that she thought about it, she felt her face turning red. She was sure that Rowan had seen her cry more than anything else. Maybe he even labelled her as a 'crybaby' in his head. The horrors!

She didn't know what he had meant by 'helping her', she could be delusional but the two times Rowan had came in her room while she was having the attacks, they had lessened till it stops completely.

Maybe Rowan was a doctor undercover? But then again why would he hide the fact? She dismissed the thought.

She tried to read again, she was at the part where the transmigrated protagonist sneaked out of her palace with the second male lead.

Nope. She couldn't concentrate. She got out of her bed and walked to the kitchen. Rummaging through the cabinets, she finally found a pack of ChipsAhoy. She had feared that she was running out of her beloved cookies but guess who's lucky?

Right as the lucky Willow was about to pop in a cookie, she felt it.

She lost her hold on the packet as it slipped from her hands. Her hands had clutched her lower abdomen. It wasn't that she didn't receive these cramps during the day time, but it hardly ever occurred. She had them almost every night.

Her whole body felt numb, but her mind was in a mess, she couldn't concentrate on anything but the pain. Amidst her raging brain, a golden eyes boy popped up in her head.

She tried to drag herself out of the kitchen to Rowan, who was upstairs, or atleast she hoped that he was. He could have had went out with Felix, seeing how they are always together. That thought stopped her from her dragging herself.

But the desperation in her urged her to go upstairs, even if he wasn't in his room. She was desperate to get rid of the pain.

She had to crawl her way up, since she didn't have the energy to walk up. If anyone was to see her climbing up for dear life, they would have thought her to have hit her head, but she didn't care. The pain wasn't lessening, but it didn't increase either.

She supported herself up and dragged herself closer to Rowan's room with the help of the wall. The short distance felt like the longest. Even climbing the stairs didn't feel as long as the distance from the stairs to Rowan's room.

She covered the distance from the mountain to the river then to the next mountain till she reached his door. She knew she should have had knocked on the door but she wanted to be with Rowan as quick as possible.

The room was empty much to her horror. She couldn't believe it. All those mountains and rivers lead her to an empty promise of treasure.

She was going to lose her mind. She couldn't help from dragging herself to sit, if she couldn't have Rowan to comfort her then she'd try the other way to help herself, which was to curl and cry.

The door behind Willow opened. She snapped her head back and almost cried in relief.

"Rowan."

"Willow." Willow felt bliss as Rowan gathered her in his arms. "Willow Willow Willow." Rowan chanted her name as if it was a prayer. "It'll be alright. I'm here." There was shuffling behind him, but she didn't care.

"Woah." She failed to register Felix, who looked shocked.

The pain did decrease, though it went down slowly, but it did. Rowan clutched her tighter.

With her hazy mind she had mistaken the other room to be Rowan's, since she had never been there after they had moved in to give them privacy.

"Willow?" Now that was a different voice, a very familiar voice.

Willow didn't move from Rowan's warm embrace, she didn't want to. Whoever the person was could wait.

"Are you alright?" Willow heard Rowan mumble.

After a moment she nodded, though she didn't want him to untangle himself from her, she knew he would.

She looked to her side just as Rowan let her go, her eyes widened to see Melody's wide eyes with question marks in them. Her mouth was hanging open. Felix who stood beside her had a smirk on his face.

"What is this?" Asked Melody after a crow passed by.

Willow turned to look at Rowan to see him with his eyes narrowed at Melody, before his face morphed into indifference.

Willow flushed as her eyes travelled down. Oh god! Was God trying to kill her? Rowan stood before her in nothing but a towel. His hair was still wet and was his body. She herself had water on her black dress shirt with different flowers on them, which had transferred when he had hugged her.

He looked sexy! His blue black hair looked much more with water still on it, but much more glossier. His body lacked water drops on the parts which had touched her. The abs that she had predicted turned to be true with bonus. He had eight packs. She couldn't believe she was so close to them when he had hugged her. Did she mention how sexy he looked? Looks like the promise wasn't empty but she reaped double the treasure.

"Willow!" Willow was bought back from her eye feast when Melody had called out for her.

"Melody." Started Willow once she had all her braincells back in place. "When did you get back? Weren't you supposed to get back in a few days?"

"You know her?" Asked Felix.

"She's my friend." Nodded Willow.

"And here I was worried." Continued Felix. "She just barged in and went through the whole house five minutes ago."

"Five minutes?" Asked Willow. He was joking, wasn't he?

"I'm not jesting." Said Felix as if he had read her mind.

He must be playing with her. Five minutes? More like five seconds. Though some part of her told her that she did indeed hug Rowan for long. She pushed that thought aside. No she didn't.

"I," began Willow. Her face was growing redder every second. "I wanna pee." And so she sprinted past them down the stairs to her room, forgetting to pull Melody along with her, but she wasn't going to go back. Though the truth was that she had a certain shirtless someone in her mind, haunting her.