Chapter 11: If Not Mates Then What?

Rowan could do nothing but watch Willow run away. He wanted to run after her to pull her tiny body back into his embrace and protect her from everything. But he couldn't, not yet. Especially with her friend looking at him with her eyes narrowed, ready to murder.

Rowan was sure now, sure that Willow was his mate. Even though Vampires find their mates at adulthood, which is at the age of eighteen, Rowan still believed that Willow was his mate though he was seventeen. If not his mate, he did not know what she could be to him.

Everytime Willow was hurting, Rowan felt it. It didn't hurt him much since they haven't mated yet. He only felt a light ache in his lower abdomen and everytime he did, he wanted to be near Willow, to hold her close to him and never let go.

That is what being mates meant, being each other's equal and sharing the burden, the pain and to ease each other. Not to forget the intense attraction to each other. If one of them dies, the other soon follows or falls into lunacy, but some are strong enough to avoid both of them but they despise it, take it as a curse, to live without their other half.

As he was lost staring at the place where Willow had been a moment ago, Willow's friend, Melody cleared her throat trying to gain his attention.

"You're a Vampire." Said Melody with her eyes narrowed at him.

Rowan shrugged. The fact that he was a Vampire wasn't masked by his Glamour. But he only seemed like a normal Vampire, not one of a Royal Blood.

"And you're a Werewolf," said Rowan. "What's the point?"

Melody's eyes narrowed deeper, Rowan doubted she could see anything. "Willow said that you are golden eyed. I don't see any."

The only thing Rowan could do was sigh. Why was this bought back all over again. Even though Felix' explanation about his eyes was senseless, Willow didn't question anything. He doubted she believed in the explanation made up of non-sense, he concluded that she was much more accepting towards his eyes, because she was his mate.

"I've heard of powerful Vampires, who have golden eyes." Continued Melody, not letting him reply. "The king, to be precise and his children. Or was it only the heir?"

Rowan didn't beat around the bush. He knew it would be in vain. If he was the king, he could have had controlled her mind and erased some of her memories related to his true identity, but he wasn't, not yet.

"You guessed it right." Said Rowan. "I am the Crown Prince."

If someone were to barge in the hallway, they would see a girl with her eyes narrowed to the point where they'd believe she had them shut and a man with only a towel wrapped around his hips. A wonder the towel is, one from a haunted movie, which once wrapped won't come off, no matter what. Even if the other person might want for the towel to come off, it wouldn't and would stay in place.

"What are you doing here?"

"You don't have the right to question me." Said Rowan.

"This is my territory. I'm the beta's mate. I have every right to." Said Melody.

"You seem to forget only the forest is yours." Said Rowan. "This isn't and Royalties don't have any restrictions, I thought that the rules of the treaty was well known."

That shut her up. Rowan had to agree he would have had clapped for her bravery, but he didn't like it when someone questioned him.

"You'll hurt her." Said Melody after a long moment of being glared at.

It didn't take time for him to guess who 'her' was.

"Why would I?" Rowan felt anger rise up in him. Why would he hurt his own mate? He must be a fool if he were to do that.