Chapter 45: Marked (Part III).

Rowan woke up to someone knocking on his door, he dazedly stared at the door, confused at what was reality and what was not. In his dream, which was more like a nightmare, he saw Willow making out with Hunter in her bedroom, no matter how many times he yelled at them to stop, they didn't move, then Willow finally looked over at him and yelled, "Monster", Rowan felt his heart breaking over and over again, he didn't like the thought of Willow with someone else, be it Hunter or anyone, he hated even thinking about it nor did he want her to think of him as a monster.

That day after he had killed Easton, his older brother, Rowan had looked everywhere, but he couldn't find Willow, up in the attic he had found two Vampires tied up and a faint smell of Willow lingered in the air, the spell to conceal her scent had come off. As he had walked out, in a hurry, he felt felt something shooting his way, as a reflex he fought it, only to find that it was an acorn. Inside the acorn was a note that read, 'I dropped her in her room.' without guessing much, Rowan knew who sent him the note, the only faerie who had been on site.

Rowan had rushed back to Willow's house and there he found her lying in her room, her wrists bruised and her face pale. He he didn't know whether he should wake her up or not, but then he smelled something that was off on her, just then there was another acorn on her side table which said that she had an intake of Easton's blood. Fear rushed in him, but he calmed himself down and called Georgia the witch, who was the Royal healer.

Rowan shook the thought out of his head and headed over to the door, he didn't know why but he suddenly started feeling restless. He peeked through the peephole to find the person he had been dreaming of, standing outside.

Willow's face was red, as she looked like she would fall off any moment. Rowan's eyes brightened but then he pulled back with a frown, he didn't want to meet her because he was afraid, afraid that she would not end up being his mate, he didn't know what he would do if that were the case.

A day before his birthday, he had a dream in which he was sitting at a café and when he saw a blonde girl call him her mate, only when he woke up did he remembered that the other person was Triple. And on the very day he he thought of spending the night at Willow's room because it comforted him a lot, but then he found a stack of portraits, all of them had the same person painted on it, Hunter Reed.

Rowan recalled how Willow had once said that she had previously liked Hunter, and also everyone telling him about Hunter and Willow being mates.

There was only one day left until he turned eighteen, only one day till he finds for sure whether Willow was his mate or not. But he feared that fate would not turn out the way he wanted it to. So, he ran away, like a coward. It was so unlike the usual him, as a prince he should face everything head on, but when it came to Willow, he turned weak.

Rowan contemplated whether he should open the door or not, he wondered if he should act like no one was in the apartment, he didn't want her to see this side of him, a coward. But when he looked through the peephole again, he saw that Willow looked like she would fall off any moment now and from what he could see she looked quite out of order. Panicked, Rowan was about to open the door but he noticed that his clothes were rumpled, he had even grown a a light stubble from the past few days.

Rowan sprinted for the washroom and washed his face but he didn't want to waste time shaving the facial hair. Rowan rushed to the closet and grabbed a clean t-shirt, which he had bought after moving into the apartment.

Before he opened the door he disposed the last night's takeaway and beer bottles and the blood pack. Ever since he had been born, he had never done chores or any sort of household activities, so living here had been a big challenge for him. He had hired a cleaner, who came thrice a week to clean the house, he had thought of hiring a full time worker, but he felt it would be a nuisance.