Chapter 17: The Attack.

Willow held onto Rowan as her eyes scanned her kitchen from the living room. She could see the dark night from the back door which she was sure had been shut all this time was wide open. Willow felt her heart stop.

Her kitchen looked like a wolf zoo. Wolves of numerous shades were standing in front of her. Willow had an odd feeling that they were all looking at her.

Was it the dog she saw the other day in the woods who led them here? Willow wasn't even sure if that wolf was present here. But Hunter did say that it belonged to him. Was it him that sent all these beasts here? Willow did offend him earlier.

Willow had her eyes opened to this type of pettiness. She regretted even going to the party. If she hadn't gone in the first place then Hunter wouldn't even have to unleash his wrath by sending his army of wolves. She now knew why he was offended when she had called the beast in the woods as a dog.

Willow wondered if Hunter could talk wolf and had explained her features to them. For they were solely staring at her, she could feel it, the chill which ran up her spine when more than two dozen wolves were glaring at her, but then again she didn't have much time to ponder on the thought, because she was sure that she didn't have much time to live. She'd prefer dying happy and a quick death.

Willow cursed the beasts, mentally. Why couldn't they come some other day? Or some other time? Though them not coming at all would be wonderful, but these beasts just has to come at this time, when she was sure Rowan was going to kiss her.

Why now of all times?

Willow wanted to chew her nails in regret for her bad luck.

"Willow." She heard Rowan call out. That is when she snapped out of her thoughts. Did she go insane or hit her head? Why was she having such thoughts in the face of death?

But a part of her still voiced that she should have died after having her first kiss. Life was so unfair!

Willow, now noticed that Rowan who was standing behind her was now standing in front of her, as if shielding her from the wolves. He turned to face her and pried her hands off him and held this in his. As Willow stared at his face, she saw that there was not a hint of fear. Willow internally praised Rowan for being a tsundre in the face of death.

"Listen to me carefully." Rowan squeezed her hand. "Run up the stairs and get Natasha. But don't come down. Okay?"

Willow was taken aback. Leave him alone here? To die? She wouldn't do that. "I won't leave you."

"I'll take care of them. Do you trust me?"

Willow wasn't sure if she did or not, but at this moment he was sure she didn't. 

"I know how to fight. Where I come from, we had lots of wolves, so I can take care of them. You don't have to worry."

"How can you expect me to leave you here? Alone?"

"Go get Natasha. And do not come down, only when I come up to get you will you come down, okay?"

Willow was reluctant, but as she was about to nod she saw something brown and furry was on its legs as if about to pounce. "Rowan watch out!" Willow yelled.

Rowan turned around and slapped at the wolf who was midair, as if swatting a flay away. The wolf was pushed away and it fell down after hitting the wall with a loud bang. The other wolves growled.

"Go now!" Yelled Rowan. Willow didn't need to be told twice as she rushed to the stairs which was close to her. She was sure Rowan wasn't a normal human. He must have learned kung fu from an exceptional master and must be the strongest. Like those male leads in the Webnovels she has read.