Chapter 9: The Night Wolf.

Willow looked through the peep-hole to find Lila Gupta standing outside. Why was she here? Thought Willow. Lila was her co-worker at the Small Bean. The only one who she was close at her work place, but they weren't close enough for Lila to visit her.

Maybe Willow could ignore her and she would leave? Willow wasn't ready to face Lila, she was still embarrassed from the occurrence the before. Of how she had broke down in Rowan's arms. Willow blushed furiously. What if Lila had witnessed it? What if Lila had personally seen Hunter humiliate Willow?

The bell went off again.

Willow could let Lila believe that no one was at home. And it was true, there was no one home besides her.

Her mother was still working. Rowan and Felix had stepped out to buy Rowan a new phone, since he seemed to have broken his. She feared that they might get lost in the town, but she herself had been too lazy to go with them. Though the truth was that she wanted to go with them, wanted to spend some more time with Rowan, but she was scared, scared of her growing feelings for him, scared that he won't accept her, scared of him finding about her being bullied. She didn't was him to think of her as a weak person, someone who was waiting to be saved by him. She wasn't a damsel in distress.

It wasn't that she had stayed quiet and let them all bully her, she had fought back but it was of no use. They never got off her back, as if it was their life mission to bully her, though she was completely powerless when it came to Hunter. She feared him, she didn't know why but at the same time she had a huge crush on him, she didn't want to but there was nothing she could do to let go of her feelings for him. Absolutely nothing. She tried hating him, hating him for what he had done to her, of what he had made everyone else do to her.

Sighing Willow thought of opening the door as the bell went off for the third time. She sprang to go to her room and grabbed her headphones, putting them around her neck she walked back to open the door to her house and grabbed her phone in her hands before doing so.

"Oh hey!" Said Willow, acting as if she hadn't heard the bell thrice before opening the door.

Lila who had walked down the front steps, turned to look at her before sighing. "And here I thought no one was home."

Willow gave her a sheepish smile. "Did you wait long?"

"No, it's fine." Said Lila. "Actually I dropped by to give this to you." Lila handed Willow an envelope which she had been holding.

"What is this?" Said Willow.

"Boss told me to pass on."

"Oh," Said Willow, feeling guilty. "Why don't you come in?"

Lila shook her head. "Gotta go now."

"No, I insist."

"Can't do."

"Just for a while."

"Gotta roll."

"I feel bad for making you wait out here."

Lila paused. "Why Willow, are you trying to hold me as a hostage?"

Willow blinked. For sure it did seem like she was trying to do just what Lila had said.

Willow stepped back and shut the door on Lila's face, without missing a beat.

"Hardy har har." Willow heard Lila say though the door.

Willow opened the door in a few seconds to see Lila already on the porch, she turned around when she heard the door open and threw a peace with her fingers at Willow.