Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?

"You're awake!" Said a woman in the nurse's uniform.

Willow stared at her in a daze, unable to process anything.

The nurse calmly walked over to Willow and pressed the bell beside her. "How are you feeling?"

Willow tried to reply, but her throat felt too dry.

Realising that Willow couldn't talk, the nurse grinned. "I'm sorry, you must be shocked, waking up in a hospital isn't something that happens every other day."

Willow tried nodding but her neck felt too stiff. She wondered why she couldn't do anything, it felt as if she had been paralysed for a while now.

"What's the last thing you remember?" The nurse asked as she

Last thing? She was sure that just a few minutes ago she was talking to her father and the goddess, but she tried to recall where she was a couple hours ago, and she perfectly remembered that she had been kidnapped and Lark had rescued and before Lark had taken her to meet her father, Rowan had also come to find her.

Willow narrowed her eyes as she stared at the nurse as if she was throwing some bad pickup lines at her. What was she up to?

"Are you perhaps craving for blood."

Willow choked at that. Could she have by mistake been taken to a mental asylum? The nurse must have gone crazy after spending a while with the patients. Willow felt fear grip her heart, maybe the nurse was out for her blood?

Schooling her expression, Willow said indifferently, "Why would I crave for blood?" She regained her voice, even though talking felt hard, Willow didn't want to have her blood drank by a crazy nurse, who was probably a Vampire.

The nurse smiled. "Looks like you're healed."

Willow stared at the nurse with question mark in her eyes.

"Well you see, this might seem a bit shocking to you," said the nurse. "But you've been in a coma for almost a month."

Willow's eyes widened. A month? Then did that mean that she was in a coma all this while and her father and the goddess were just a figment of her imagination? Or could this be a dream? But both the times had felt so real, she couldn't accept it.

"Yes, we were trying to undo the effects of the vampire blood that you had consumed, even though we weren't sure of what the results would be, it seemed to have worked."

Willow shut her eyes. She still couldn't process the fact that all that has been her own imagination. Then what about what she had seen? Rowan, Triple and Hunter?

"Vampire blood?" Said Willow. She remembered something similar that Lark and the goddess had said. "Is it gone now?"

"Seems like it." Nodded the nurse, then she suddenly said. "Oh my, I was so excited that I forgot to call the Royal witch!"

The nurse rushed out without giving Willow any time to respond. Royal Witch? Was she a sorcerer?

The Witch rushed in a few minutes followed by the nurse. She stared at Willow, incredulously, as if she couldn't believe that Willow was completely fine. "How do you feel?"

"I feel like I'm having a very bad hangover." Willow replied honestly. "Can I have some water?"

"Yeah of course, as long as you aren't craving for blood." Said the Witch, confusing Willow further about what had previously happened when she was at the palace. She gestured the nurse to help Willow.