Green eyes (part 2)

"Yes, next few days are all booked up. Exciting, isn't it?" her agent was trying to hype her up over the phone.

"Can't wait to start." Karlie for once was indeed looking forward to working non-stop. It was early morning and she only had time for a quick breakfast before heading out.

She didn't see Taylor since they passed each other by in the market. It was better this way... Her heart wouldn't stop aching when she thought how Taylor flirted, how she looked happy... with him.

Am I just a phase to her? Of course Taylor would deny that thinking she was sparing Karlie's feelings, but nothing heart shaped ever hurt Karlie this much.

Last night she cried herself to sleep, her whole body shaking, burning up as if fire was coursing through her veins... How did she come to this?

She couldn't stop thinking about Taylor in this spare moments as she was getting ready to head out for her first photoshoot of the day.

"I'm sorry." Well... I wish that was enough. I can't stop at that.

Karlie fought the tears welling in her eyes as she reached for the door handle.

Deep breaths, Karlie. She tried to calm herself. The day awaits.

Karlie liked the dress she had on for this outing. She was appearing at a charity event for those in need.

The material of it hugged all the right places like a second skin and fell like falling water droplets painted on it around her feet, when she would turn it twirled around her and Karlie planned on testing it out on a dance floor later.

The flashing lights of the cameras were following her as they should, as they always did and Karlie felt at home.

She worked the room, occasionally grabbing a drink or finger foods served for them.

"Karlie! Karlie." A reporter with a microphone approached her and she turned around to talk to her.

"Your friend Taylor Swift will be performing later tonight. Are you excited to hear songs from her latest album today?"

Karlie felt her heart drop, she must have gone pale.

Thank heavens for make-up. Karlie thought.

"Yes... I might know a few, I won't lie." She faked a laugh.

This is work, Karlie, keep it together.

"Really? Well, we are looking forward to hearing them too."

The reporter thanked her and she posed one last time for the camera before moving on.

As soon as she tuned Karlie took several deep stabilizing breaths.

You can do this.

Most of the evening passed on by without a hitch and Karlie barely blinked and the time came... It was time to watch Taylor perform.

Karlie was about two drinks over her fear. She stood tall and hang about the bar as people pooled by tha stage.

Taylor took the stage in high waisted short pants covered all over in glitter and a purple see-through top with a white sleeveless shirt underneath. She looked gorgeous as only she could. Karlie smiled, she couldn't help herself. Taylor was in her element.

"Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good time!" Taylor addressed the crowd who screamed in return.

"Alright! I'd like to start with a special little something I glued together for tonight. It's called 'True'. "

The crowd screamed again, chanting Taylor's name as the stage hand brought a guitar and a chair for Taylor to sit on.

There was a long pause as Taylor got ready. Karlie noticed she was searching the crowd with her eyes. Her beautiful ocean blues...

Taylor strang a melody, one Karlie never heard before. In that instant their eyes met and Taylor grinned, Karlie felt her heart skip a bit... Taylor then sang:

"They got my heart in a cage.
I take a walk but I carry you with me every step that I take.
Every step that I take.

Only you can move in and out, listen as my heart calls out.
It's open for you.
It's open for you.

And all it's pretend when I'm not with you
I picture you in front of me to make it all look true.
To make it all look true.

We whisper sweet nothings back and forth,
My face burns red but you don't stop.
I melt in your arms, I'm not ready for it,
Please don't go.
Please don't go.

You catch me act and I dream it's you, I dream it's you.

So many words swarm around my head while you are out but there's a string pulling me along how can't you see it too?
Can't you see it too?

And all it's pretend when I'm not with you
I picture you in front of me to make it all look true.
To make it all look true.

Yeah, at the end of it all I throw myself on the bed and pray to you.
Come and be with me.
Come and be with me.

Only you, it's you
I dream of us.
Come save my heart.
Come save my heart.

And all it's pretend when I'm not with you.
I picture you in front of me to make it all look true
Make it all look true.

Come share my cage each night and day. "

Karlie felt like she could fly, like a feather carried by the final tones of Taylor's song.

She could feel it, this time she was sure. The song was for her only...

Taylor loved, truly loved her.

~~~

If you like my writing check out:

Never Spring - Recently started short story of a girl that doesn't quite fit in.

Home together - A young woman has a new vampire roommate.

I want you - A smutty Mass effect fanfic.

Dream fairy - Wacky magical one-shot.

Ghost cat - Accompany a ghost of a cat waiting for a new family member.