chapter 10

i knew what it was. i had a strong feeling the item i had received was a letter, a letter specifically from jack. when i entered my house i ran up the stairs immediately, not even thinking to say hi to my dad. i ran in my room, shut and locked my door, threw my school bag in the corner of the room next to a pile of dirty laundry, and practically threw myself onto my bed.

i looked at the envelope and immediately began to doubt what i had initially thought. i had assumed that this would be a letter from jack. but my name was written on the envelope, and it was nothing like his handwriting, leading me to believe this was a letter off somebody else. i ripped at the envelope, tearing it open, exposing the letter neatly folded inside. it fell out and onto the floor so i picked it up and sat back on my bed comfortably.

i slowly unfolded the letter, a little bit scared to read the contents. when it was opened, i noticed some odd things about it. the letter started with no 'dear' and ended with no 'from' or 'kind regards' or anything like that, leading me to believe even more this wasn't from jack. in fact, the letter wasn't very long at all. only a few sentences on a piece of paper. i shook it off and began reading.

i wont to keep tawking to you but we can't write letters anymore. every day at 7pm use the ladder to clime up the tree. nock on my window and i'll let you in. you have to leev befor 9. see you soon.

he was letting me into his room, despite him telling me to never see him again. had he changed his mind or was that just an act? either way, i wasn't all too bothered. bottom line was i was now able to see him, in person. i looked at my clock. it was 4:23pm. i had a few hours before i had to leave and see him. i was so excited, yet so nervous. i could finally ask him my questions. and maybe, with a bit of luck, he would answer them.

a/n: i'm sorry this chapter was super short but better things are coming your way