chapter 21

"what's wrong?" on that day, jack was acting weird, as if something had happened between me and him and i wasn't aware. he wouldn't even look at me and his answers to my questions and statements were always short. it felt like he really didn't want me there and like he wanted me to leave, but i wasn't sure why. 

"nothing." is all he said.

"are you sure? you're acting a bit strange."

"yeah. it's nothing, really." i raised an eyebrow at him, knowing that he was lying to me. it wasn't very difficult to tell when he wasn't telling the truth.

"i don't believe you." he groaned and sighed, looking down at the bed. i knew something was wrong, and i knew he didn't want to tell me what was going on with him. i continued to ask him and he continued to insist that he was fine, until eventually when i asked him, he replied with something different.

"have you ever had an inappropriate dream?" his query had confused me. i wasn't really sure what he was trying to get at.

"what do you mean?"

"an inappropriate dream. have you ever had one?" 

"do you mean a wet dream?" it felt weird saying those words to him, considering i thought i would never have that sort of conversation with him.

"what's that?" oh god. of course he didn't know and i would have to explain it to him. he was the most innocent person i had ever met in my entire life. i didn't want to explain it to him, it felt wrong. i felt like a father being asked what a wet dream is by my 6 year old son.

"well...it's when you, uh...have a dream...usually about sex...and the dream causes you to-"

"ejaculate." i was shocked to hear that word come out of his mouth, but i was thankful as all hell that i didn't have to say it to him or explain to him what it meant. so his parents must have taught him something about that kind of stuff then.

"yeah. that's what a wet dream is." he nodded slowly, processing this new information, before speaking again.

"yeah...that's what i meant." there was a silence that lasted for a few seconds, due to the fact that neither of us actually knew what to say now.

"to answer your question, i have, and it's completely normal, so if you're freaking out don't worry about it." he nodded and eventually a small smile formed on his face.

"thanks."

a/n: sorry this chapter was super short and that this story is taking a while to build up to anything good, but it'll start getting real exciting in a few chapters so keep reading lol