1

This is a rewrite of my first One Piece fan fiction story. For those who read this before, I'm sorry for changing it but I have been thinking a lot about it since I have no time for writing others.

Hope you guys enjoy reading it, leave the comments, votes and ja'ne!

I was once human before I became a Grim Reaper. My personality changed the moment I died and those emotions are strange to me.

Due to my death, I was unable to do the things like human does. As a Grim Reaper, my job is to collecting the human souls after their deaths.

It's very hard at first but years goes by, it's easier for me to get the job done and over with it.

I was a reckless and troublesome child who caused trouble the moment everyone turn away for two second and I often got into troubles a lot.

Growing up into a teen, I always never take things seriously, always smiling, laughing and doesn't care about the outside world.

But that one fateful day became the worst possible most mistake I've ever done of.

I have lost my friends and family the moment they've ripped away from my side. I was tortured, beaten up, manipulated, raped and next day it's goes the same.

But I've never forgotten about one.

Kindness.

Even in my death, kindness seems to stay in my mind. I can float around, travel around, watching around and learn everything I could.

The things I've never done before during my past. Learning different languages and islands are intrigued to me cause as a child, I've never set sail around the world with my father.

Necomancer abilities are something I've found them as useful. Since I'm becoming as a Reaper, I taught myself on how to used them after the first time got me almost destroying the small island.

Imagining my surprise that I can turn myself into human with my own appearance.

No mortals - it's weird to call humans like that since I was a human mortal as well - ever suspect that he's a immortal and with just a glance, they only saw me as a human or sailor since I tend to travel around.

I do not need boat since I float around and I do not need sleep since I have never done it before for hundred of years.

Eras have passed in my time till it's come to the age of Pirates.

Red Line, Grand Line, New World and so are forming with names. Haki are known to everyone but I knew that not everyone know much about them.

Devil Fruits are appeared and most of them ate one with the price of having no swim ability.

Paramecia types, Logia types and Mythical Zoans types with the weakness of seastone or ocean.

I continued to watched as marines and pirates raised, slaves, traders, important people, nobles, rich, poor and so on.

It has been thousand of years since my departed and the world changed a lot.

I've not interact with them despites the fact I've turn myself into human to travel from island to island until one person caught my attention.

Gol D Roger.

The Family of D and the Will of D are something considering that I'm also one of them even if I am death.

A man raised that earn himself as a Pirate King with One Piece, his treasure.

The day he gave himself up to marines, breaking up his crew, spend less time setting sail out to the sea and not once he saw no fear at the day of execution.

That man really is something.

The day Gol D Roger died and meeting him, the last thing he departed him was the big wide grin and his last words.

I'm awared the man has a lover and unborn child but for him to said those words; watching over them? It's something I've never heard of before.

But something about that man kept me thinking for awhile and decided to go to South Blue where his lover were.

Instantly I noticed a presence from the cliff and saw a woman standing with newspaper ripped from her hands by the strong winds.

She's pretty. She has long strawberry blond hair with brown eyes, freckles on her cheeks and pink hibiscus on the side of her head. She's wearing a light blue long dress and sandals.

"Roger..." she sobbed quietly, place her hands on her belly. I landed behind her, making myself known as she twirled around.

No One's POV

Rouge is shocked to see a man standing behind her without a noise.

She immediately went on guard after feeling something's about him feels unhuman. "Who are you?" She asked cautiously.

He's wearing a ripped black cloak that flow like an ocean wave, sharp yet magnificent black scythe is floating closely behind him and the hood prevent her from seeing his face except his mouth.

"Portgas D Rouge," he said with eerie tone making her shivering through her spine. "You bear a child of you and your lover, Gol D Roger."

She froze.

How does he know? Only Roger and herself know about this. She suspected that Rayleigh, his lover's former first mate is on to their secret but this man found out after his execution.

"Do not worry," the man suddenly reassured her. "I'm here to watched over you and your child by Roger."

"Roger... told you?"

"I will be honest with you," the man take off his hood to reveal his face. He has deep black shaggy hair, very pale skin and toxic dark green eyes.

"I'm not a human."

His eyes are full of emptiness, emotionless and blank. His presence is very powerful yet suffocating that makes her choked as if she's facing against the Death.

"Y-you're the Grim Reaper..." she gasps.

"Correct," he nodded. "On the behalf of your lover's words, I'm here to keep an eye on you and others away from you."

"But... why?" She questioned, still shaking even though she's slowly recovered from the shocking revelation.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he thought silently before opened his mouth. "Something about Roger's words make me curious..." he said calmly. "The D's are very strange, stranger than everyone and wonder... to see the love directed from him to you is something I've never truly understand before..."

Something in her almost break to see how confused the immortal was despite his empty and blank face.

A Reaper who gathering human souls to escorted them to heaven or hell yet here, all she see was a human with no understanding the world.

"I....I believe you."

He perked silently, staring at her.

"Oh?"

She smiled at him making the immortal blinked blankly. "What's your name?" She asked. "Since you know who I am, I wanted to know yours since you're going to stay for awhile."

He stared again before parted his lips.

A name he has never spoke for a long time and remember by the small glimpse of his once human life of living.

"Luffy... My name is Luffy."