CHAPTER TWO

Chapter Two

Everyone had taken the test and came from the room with their headbands. Naruto is the only one who came out with a long face, he looked at Akira with teary eyes and a saddend expression.

Akira frowned watching Naruto go out with his eyes glossy. She looked out of the window with her hands clenched tightly. She was angry, how could a talented and dedicated person like Naruto not be a ninja, How?

That was what ran in her head, Naruto was the best at what he did and she would prove that to everyone.

Akira was the only one left when Iruka called her in, her test went in smoothly for a person who hadn't been to the academy. On top of it all she passed when she was asked to make the shadow clone Justin, it just came naturally to her. In fact she made not one but three shadow clones.

She put her headband in her scroll "Aren't you going to wear it?" Iruka asked noticing the girl putting the black headband in the scroll "I'm sure your parents will be so proud of you"

"Yeah" she muttered leaving the room to go to Naruto.

"Hey Akira-chan" He said looking over at the children who were celebrating their graduation "Did you get your headband"

Akira wanted to lie and tell him that she didn't but she knew it would make him more sad than he is so she told the truth.

" Hai I did" She said softly her eyes wandering around the swing that Naruto occupied.

"Then why aren't you wearing it? You should be happy and wearing it"

"I don't want to" She looked at Naruto "As long as you don't have it I won't call myself a shinobi. Until you pass and get your own headband then I won't wear mine, I'll help you with training then we'll both be wearing them when you graduate" Akira grinned making Naruto smile.

"Sasaki Akira" Akira looked up the ninja that called her name.

"Huh?" She looked at the ninja confused.

"The Hokage want to speak to you"

"Ahh, Naruto-kun don't get into trouble while I'm gone okay"

"Hai!" He said watching both Akira and the shinobi walking from him, a smile came to his face "I will be shinobi then I will be Hokage, you can count on that"

"Hokage-sama you asked for me?" Akira asked bowing.

"Yes my child" Hiruzen said looking at the 11 year old with loving eyes, he could see more of his daughter and his wife "I heard you graduated from the academy at such a young age and to think you only started a few months ago" He smiled while Akira just wanted to take pride in her accomplishment but she couldn't.

"Arigatou Hokage-sama" She bowed again waiting for Hiruzen to say something else.

"Why are you not wearing your headband?" He asked as soon as he saw Akira wasn't wearing the Leaf band.

"I made a promise to my brother that until he got his I won't wear mine, I won't acknowledge myself as a shinobi" Akira said said with pride and confidence.

"You really care about him, Huh?" Hiruzen smiled "Your willing to give up being a shinobi for him" He wanted to tell his granddaughter he was pride of her, despite not being raised by parents she's still kind hearted 'I wonder how Naruto is doing' he thought.

"Yes, he's the only family I have" Akira looked up then back down not wanting the Hokage see her cry.

Hiruzen on the other end felt guilty about not giving this young one a family, but as per his daughter's wish he had to keep people from knowing she was related to her and him. He figured keeping her with Naruto would be better for everyone, especially the two children.