*Chapter Four*

As their teacher showed up to class in a less than preferable manner and explained to them what they'd be doing that day, Miri had barely paid attention. She was so wrapped up in her conflicting feelings about her mother; she didn't even realize that Mr. Aizawa was calling her name.

"Mirianne Shotomoto!" He demanded, his hair standing on end and a terrifying aura surrounding him.

Miri startled and gasped. "Huh? ME!" She raised her head up.

Some kids in the classroom were snickering. Miri bit the inside of her lip, cursing herself for not paying attention.

"I asked you to repeat the instructions back to me." He demanded, his arms crossed.

Miri pressed her lips into a line. "Uh."

Mr. Aizawa sighed. "Getting first place in the entrance exam won't mean anything if you can't live up to it. Pay attention or I won't hesitate to reconsider your placement in this class."

Miri's lips parted in surprise, face aflame. "Yes, Sensei. I understand...and apologize. It won't happen again."

"It better not." He turned to the rest of the class, who had gone serious at the mention of her placement being revoked. For the first place person in the exam to face such a harsh punishment, it was terrifying. "As for the rest of you, what I said to her applies to you all. I won't take anything less from Class 1-A. Put on these training suits and meet up outside." He addressed a wall in which blue suits were emerging from them.

Sighing, Miri complied.

Changing in the locker room differed from Miri would have preferred. The other girl's bodies compared to hers were a lot more...feminine. Miri couldn't help but look down at the rock-hard muscles that lined her arms and legs. Her chest wasn't nearly as big as any of theirs either...

"Wow, Mirianne, was it?" A girl with short brown hair and big eyes smiled at her. "I wish I had muscles like yours! You must be strong!"

"Oh...uh...thanks." Miri quickly put a shirt on. "They're nothing really...the guys' are way bigger."

"Yeah, but that's them! Yours are way more impressive. I'm Ochaco Uraraka!" The girl smiled at her, and Miri felt a lightness in her chest.

Could this be...a friend?

"You think so? Thanks..." Miri had a slight smile on her face. "I'm Mirianne Shotomoto...but please call me Miri."

"Aw, your name is cute!" A girl with pink hair and black eyes slung an arm around Miri's shoulder, who tensed up immediately. The pink-haired girl took notice of this, and let go, rubbing the back of her head. She held out a hand for Miri to shake, however. "I'm Mina Ashido."

Miri stared at her hand for a moment before taking it. "Nice to meet you." She paused, thinking of something nice to say. "I, uh...like your hair! It's very...cheerful."

Mina giggled. "You've got a powerful grip, but thank you. Your hair is cool too. Were you born like that?"

Miri's nose flared. Some girls looked up and were watching the exchange curiously. She wasn't used to all the questions.

She reached up and fiddled with the two streaks of black hair that made her bangs in an otherwise unruly mess of white hair. "Uh...yeah. It's been like this for...as long as I can remember."

"That's so cool! Your hair reminds me of that one boy in our class. What's his name?" Mina paused to think.

"Shoto Todoroki." A girl with black hair tied up into a ponytail responded.

"Oh, yeah!" Mina gushed. "He's kind of handsome, right? His hair looks cool being half red and half white like that."

Miri couldn't do anything but nod her head, pulling up the pants of her suit. Her mind was buzzing with the name of the boy she was supposed to look out for. 'Shoto Todoroki.'