*Chapter Thirty-Seven*

After lingering around the house for a day or two after her talk with Bakugo, Miri decided it was time to go back to school. Her mother begged and pleaded for her to stay home, but the camping trip was coming up and Miri needed to know if she could still go or not.

Her father was a no show. It had been nearly a week and there was no sign of him anywhere. He could have very well been bluffing and wasn't coming for them.

However, Miri knew that wasn't true.

It was annoying to think she had stayed home and missed her exams for nothing, but she knew that with her mother being in the state she was, she wouldn't know how to handle her father alone. It ultimately was safer for Miri to have been there to support her mother had her father showed up.

Seeing how the police hadn't broken down their door yet, Miri knew Bakugo honored their conversation and didn't turn her in. Facing him again at school was on the very bottom of her list of things to do, but knew it had to be done.

She walked into the classroom, seeing that she was actually the first one there today. She took her seat and quietly pulled out her materials. She didn't know what to expect after missing several days, but she knew she had missed the three days of written exams and ultimately the practical one. She had received several texts from her classmates keeping her informed on what all had happened.

Fighting a teacher? She did that once and passed with pure luck. Majority of her class passed, however. The pride she felt for her class swelled up in her. She really was surrounded by extremely talented people.

But that only pushed her to work harder.

Heavy footsteps down the hallway caused sweat to appear on the back of Miri's neck.

Bakugo rounded the corner, face hard. "Well, look who finally showed up."

Miri bit her lip, not sure of what to say.

Bakugo narrowed his eyes. He stalked over to her desk and stared her down. "Daughter of a villain or not, you will never be better than me. I don't care if you want to be the next All Might. I'll take you and your old hag down if you ever get in my way."

Miri's eyes flashed. "My mother may be a villain, but you will never disrespect her like that again. You may know a few things about me I don't want to share, but remember who you are in this classroom. You're the class asshole. It's no surprise to you, though, is it? You know you're not nice. What will they think of you when you spout my secret to everyone? Me? I'm likable. When someone who dotes on me all the time talks about something like that? You will find it hard to get people to take you seriously." Miri had risen from her seat and was in his face.

"You don't know shit." He hissed.

"I know the facts. Facts tell me you would've sold me out in a heartbeat any other time. Why haven't you? I know my monologue—as you put it—didn't win your heart over. You're not that kind of person. So, now it's my turn to ask a question. Why aren't you talking?" She pressed.

Bakugo stared at her, surprised. "I don't owe you anything, especially not an answer to any of your questions."

Miri raised an eyebrow. "Could it be?" She mocked, her hand over her mouth with a fake shocked expression on her face. "Does Katsuki Bakugo actually tolerate me?"

"NEVER!" He roared.

Miri snorted. "I can't believe it! You tolerate me! This is rich!"

"I'll kill you!" He growled, how fist raised.

"Just admit it, you constipated gorilla. You'd miss me if I was gone, regardless of who my mom is. You like our arguments, don't you? Aren't you something weird?" Miri was laughing uncontrollably.

Bakugo was red with anger. He grabbed her by the collar of her uniform. "I'll say this once and once only!" He spat, his voice venomous. "You are INSUFFERABLE! I'd rather listen to Deku ramble for hours than be associated with you. Get it through your thick skull that I despise you. I will never tolerate you."

Miri cackled. "Such harsh words, but actions prove otherwise!" She pried his hand off her collar like she was flicking off a bug. "It's okay, Bakugo. I won't tell anyone that you're actually a softie. We can keep each other's secrets." She patted his shoulder, sitting back down in her seat and reorganizing her papers as the rest of the class began entering.

"YOU-"

"You don't want the entire class to know, do you?" Miri grinned up at him.

He curled his fist, but marched back to his seat, regardless.

Miri let out a deep breath she had been holding. 'Bakugo really has become a problem for me.'

𓆩*𓆪

"Despite some of you failing your exams, and some of you not even showing up for them." A pointed look was thrown at Miri, who smiled sheepishly. "You're all going to summer camp!" Aizawa gave his weird smile.

Relief flooded through Miri as some of her classmates cheered.

"All of you passed the written portion, however Ashido, Kirishima, Sato, Kaminari, Sero, and Mirianne failed. While at the camp, you'll each receive supplementary lessons, but they won't be easy." Aizawa explained, handing out camp pamphlets.

'Though I am disappointed I need extra lessons and won't get to really have fun at the camp, at least I get to go...' Miri thought to herself, looking over her pamphlet.

"There's so many things we need to pack for on this list." Kaminari sighed. "I need to buy a swimsuit."

Hagakure stood up—at least, Miri thought she did. "Let's just all go shopping together!"

Miri winced. "I...Uh..."

Uraraka threw an arm around Miri. "Relax, Mir. It'll be fine." She waved her hand through the air. "I know all the shops to buy things for a decent price."

A deep sigh escaped Miri. Money wasn't exactly the problem. Nightmare's shady dealings brought a lot of money to their lives—however, Miri touched none of it. She did, however, enjoy reselling the things Nightmare purchased with her illegal money. High-end clothing sold for reasonable prices gave Miri one of the more cleaner ways of earning money. Nightmare was only a little suspicious of this. "I guess it'll be fine." She began thinking about all she'd need.

"Swimsuit shopping is loads of fun, especially with more people." Mina smiled. "I can't wait!"

Miri bit her lip. She eyed the girl's figures around her. There were faint definitions of abs on her stomach, but her arms and legs were where all the real muscle for her was. She was nothing like those around her.

Maybe she should go for a pair of shorts and a shirt? Or at the very least, wearing a shirt over her swimsuit. Despite her insecurities, she wasn't much for wearing revealing clothing anyway.

Not wanting to let her own insecurities ruin everyone else's fun, Miri plastered a smile on her face. "I'm excited for this too."

And maybe a little part of her was?