*Chapter Thirty-One*

After arriving back at the school and puking her existence away, Miri made her way from building to building.

The night time was her domain. She was one with the darkness, looking like nothing more than a mere shadow of a bird to the world below. Everything was as clear as day to her with her own version of night vision activated.

The location Midoriya sent was confusing. Miri was never very good with street names and directions. She took wrong turns and ending up in different directions within Hosu.

She saw something like a bat creature flying throughout the sky. She watched as it swooped down on something below the buildings and scream, causing the hair to stand up on her arms.

"What has happened here while I've been gone?" She asked herself.

Curiosity piqued her, but Midoriya gave a location. For whatever reason, he sent it and she was here. She continued running past the screaming bat monster.

Explosions and the yelling of people surrounded her as she hopped from building to building. Goosebumps covered her arms as she thought about whatever Midoriya was going through at this moment.

"Please...please be alright." She whispered.

'Ekou street...Ekou street...Dammit! Where is it?' Miri was frantic, looking down every road and alleyway.

Miri was frustrated to the point of tears. Her worry for her friend filled her body, making focusing hard.

'I need to calm down. I'll get an adrenaline rush at this rate and I won't be able to help anybody when I pass out from exhaustion.' She mentally chided herself.

She stood atop a building, looking around from her heightened position. She strained her hearing and focused her eyesight to find anything that could show her where Midoriya may be.

The giant bat creature from before suddenly flew by Miri, sending her braids flying from the sheer speed of him. Her ears rang from the sudden pressure of him swooping by and she held her head in agony.

"Him again?" She winced, watching him soar. "Now that I think about it though...it looks a lot like Nomu."

With that realization, Miri put the pain in her ears at the back of her mind and tore like a bat out of hell after the creature.

'If there's another Nomu loose in Hosu, the public could be in danger. How could I let it just fly around before?' She mentally berated herself. 'I'm so...stupid!'

She watched as it swooped down on a group of people. A panicked "NO," escaped her as she launched herself into the sky to drag it down.

She watched the creature fly away with something in its foot. As she plummeted, she held her hand out to grab it by one of its ankles, the force of her weight pulling the creature off course.

She looked at the thing in its foot and shuddered. "MIDORIYA!?" She exclaimed.

"MIRI!?" Midoriya cried back at her.

The creature violently shuddered and plummeted. Miri's eyes widened in panic and she grabbed ahold of Midoriya's shoulder with her free hand, her quirk activating to increase her grip.

"Midor-" She was cut off as someone launched themselves on top of the flying Nomu, a blade in hand. They stabbed it into the Nomu's head, blood splattering in Miri's face.

"...criminals who use their gifts to cause unnecessary mischief...deserve to be eradicated from society..." This weird man was muttering. "...all for the sake of betterment."

Miri was pressed painfully into the ground by his knee, her hand still holding on to Midoriya's shoulder. "Midoriya..." She whispered, her chest hurt from the pressure of his weight. "Who is this? What is happening?"

"It's the Hero Killer: Stain. Iida went to fight him on his own and me and Todoroki stepped in to stop him." Midoriya whispered back.

"Hero Killer?" She squeaked. "You guys fought a guy with a name like that? Are you insane?" Her face heated at the mention of Todoroki being there. She immediately began thinking of her conversation from earlier.

"Not our smartest idea, as you can tell..." Midoriya sighed.

"HERO KILLER!" Endeavor had rounded the corner, ready to take care of the villain.

Miri began pushing against Stain, wanting to get her and Midoriya out of there quickly.

"You fake..." Stain's cruel voice sent shivers running down everyone's spines.

Miri froze, her blood ironically curdling.

"If I don't fix it...if there aren't stains of blood...if I don't reclaim my status as a hero..." His incoherent mumblings made no sense to Miri, but he got off her back and released Midoriya.

However, the two of them were frozen in place by pure fear of the man before them.

"The only one allowed to kill me," He muttered, stalking towards the other heroes gathered with a malicious look in his eye. "...is All Might, a true hero." The Hero Killer growled, before suddenly freezing in place.

Not a word was spoken for a few seconds. Everyone stared at the Hero Killer, watching. Waiting.

Miri blinked and gasped slightly, not realizing she had been holding her breath. Her body felt several pounds heavier at that moment. Her boys...they were safe. "M...Midoriya..."

The green-haired boy didn't move. "...yeah?"

"Don't...don't ever do something like this again." She whispered, pulling herself to her feet, tears forming in her eyes.

"Miri...?" He looked up at her.

"I was so scared something happened to you..." She sobbed. "And now that I'm here...and I see what you guys did...I'm so glad you're still alive..." She knelt down to his height and hugged him. "I was so worried about you all. I don't know what I would've done if something had happened..."

Midoriya's eyes widened in surprise, but he tentatively placed his hand on her back. It embarrassed him to be hugged by a girl, but it was Miri. After everything that happened, the fact she was here, to begin with, was a total surprise. But now that she's back to semi-normal? Midoriya could have almost started crying himself. "You don't need to cry..." He whispered. "We're fine..."

"I can't help it." She slung his arm over her shoulder and helped him back to the group of heroes, carefully avoiding Stain. "You're one of my best friends. And you're you. I have to worry." Miri handed Midoriya over to one of the Pro Heroes and stood in front of Iida and Todoroki.

"Iida...why did you try to do this alone?" Miri asked him, pulling him into a hug.

It shocked Iida to see Miri hugging him, given her reaction before the internships. "I...I was a fool." He said as he wrapped his good arm around her shoulders. "I'm confused why you're here, but all the same I am glad to see you in good spirits." He whispered.

"Stop being such a fool then." She sniffled and pulled away. "I'm not at my hundred percent yet, but the number continues to grow."

Iida smiled down at her. "I look forward to your hundred percent day." He patted her shoulder and walked off to get patched up.

She then turned to Todoroki, and they stared at each other for a bit. It was awkward. The situation was dangerous for both of them and they realized that they could have lost one another. Despite their arguments, both of them cared about each other deep down.

"Miri-" Todoroki started but was cut off by her hugging him.

"Thank you for protecting them," Her face was buried in his chest, trying to hide how red her face was. "But please don't get yourself killed. We still have some things to fix, you can't die on me yet." She pulled away from him. "I still need you here." She told him, her face red.

His lips parted in surprise. He was glad she had moved away. If she hadn't, she might've heard how fast his heart was beating. "Then don't get too comfortable in America." His hand reached up to wipe away the blood from the Nomu on her face. "I still need you here too."