*Chapter Twenty-One*

Before Miri knew it, her second fight had arrived.

She was standing on the cement platform once more, waiting for her opponent to show up. For once, she decided to forget about all her worries. She pushed all thoughts of Todoroki out of her mind and decided to solely focus on her fight.

She had no idea who it was she was up against, and she didn't have time to ask her classmates. All they had done was wish her luck.

She took a deep breath. Truthfully, she felt nervous. She didn't know what to expect from this fight. She didn't know what to expect from her other fight either, but she had her mind on other things during it.

Suddenly, she saw a lone figure making their way over to the platform. Her eyes widened in surprise, and maybe a little of terror.

It was the golden-eyed boy from before.

His sharp teeth glistened in the sunlight. She could see the dangerous slits in his eyes as he stepped up on to their platform.

"Surprised?" He grinned maliciously at her.

Miri took a deep breath. She could just feel the power radiating off of him and it was almost suffocating.

"Hibiki Noramura of Class 1B and Mirianne Shotomoto of Class 1A. What a terrifying pairing! Who will come out on top!?" Present Mic exclaimed over the microphone.

"If you're going to announce, do a better job of it, please." Aizawa's bored voice then filled the arena.

Miri exhaled. "It doesn't matter. I know I'm not going to lose."

Hibiki shrugged. "I suppose we'll find out."

From where Miri stood, she could almost see the slits in his eyes getting smaller and his nails getting longer. Her heart pumped rapidly in her chest.

"Ready?" Midnight called out. "Fight!" She threw her flag.

Miri didn't waste time. "Strength boost 50, speed boost 20 increment up!" Her familiar green aura swirled around her body.

She charged at the boy, but what stood before her now struck a new level of fear in her than the flowers from Minamo did.

Hibiki's body was morphing, twisting and shaping itself into a new being. What now stood before Miri was something from a horror movie.

What stood before her was a humanoid alligator. His head was filled with razor-sharp teeth and had eyes as golden as the sun. His nails had lengthened and sharpened themselves out. He had grown to a massive eight feet tall easily. A thick and scaly tail flicked around behind him and matched the thick green hide that covered his body.

Miri's jaw hit the floor. She wasn't expecting this.

A hissing noise escaped the alligator-Hibiki's mouth. His jaws opened and a throaty roar escaped as he then charged at Miri.

He was fast despite his stature. Miri tried to sidestep him, but his enormous hand caught her arm and gripped it painfully. Miri cried out in pain and surprise.

"I wasn't lying when I told you you wouldn't win." His voice was low and gravelly, and it sent fear racing down Miri's spine.

He jerked her into the sky and slammed her down onto the ground. All the air escaped from Miri's lungs and spit exploded from her mouth. She coughed harshly and tried to get the air back desperately.

Hibiki then grabbed Miri by her hair and began dragging her across the ground. "You know, I thought this would be a harder fight." He began speaking. Miri clawed desperately at his hands, trying to get them out of her hair. "After all, you knocked that Nomu over, right?" He hauled her up into the air and let her dangle by her hair. Miri's face twisted up in pain and she kicked her legs out at him. "Where was that strength? I was told you were at least somewhat decent."