*Chapter Eleven*

A few days after their training, the class was set to go to the U.S.J.

It excited Miri. She wanted to rescue people, and this training event would be the perfect practice she needed.

She seemed to bounce in place. Kirishima stood to the left of her and Uraraka on her right.

"You seem excited." The sharp-toothed boy grinned at her.

"We get to practice saving people today! I can't wait!" Like a child in a candy store, she ogled Thirteen, who stood in front of the class. "Thirteen has been one of my icons since they first appeared on the screen. Meeting them along with All Might had been one of my lifelong dreams." She then looked thoughtful. "Now my dream is to meet Mt. Lady and Mirko. Their quirks are incredible!"

"You sound like Deku." Uraraka giggled.

The boy in question looked up, clueless why his name was mentioned.

Miri looked around their class and spotted Todoroki off to the side.

Her mother's voice rang in her head. Though her mother was using Miri for the information, it'd only work if Miri will give the information. Meaning...

Miri slid away from her friend group and made her way over to Todoroki. The hairs on her arms suddenly stood on end as she was not too far behind him. She froze on the spot, staring at the back of his head.

Was he the cause of her goosebumps?

The boy did not look happy, rather he was the stoic anger his face would normally hold. Nothing appeared too different about him, except his fist was tightly clenched.

He was angry, but why?

She decided to not go near him. She hung back a bit, electing to watch him. She could be his friend, but that was only if he let her. Her mom held no threat over her anymore.

A sense of foreboding filled Miri. She looked around, trying to pinpoint what this feeling really was. It was more than just Todoroki and a mood swing. The darkness was trying to warn her of something else entirely.

Miri almost broke her neck to watch as a portal appeared in front of the fountain below. Multiple people began stepping through.

Miri's blood ran cold, the goosebumps appearing once more. This was what the darkness wanted to warn her of.

Were they supposed to be here?

One look at Aizawa's face proved otherwise.

"Thirteen!" Aizawa slipped his goggles on. "Protect the students and get them out of here, I'll handle these guys." With that, he lunged away.

Todoroki turned around then and his eyes met Miri's. His anger seemed to melt away for a moment, but then his face hardened once more. He moved past her.

Miri's eyebrows furrowed together. What the hell was going on?

"Villains are here." Thirteen spoke up. "Please, evacuate the building!"

Miri looked at her teacher. He was fighting off each villain effortlessly, but how long would it be before he's outnumbered? Could he take them all down?

She wanted to save people. Would she be doing her job if she left her teacher to fight them alone?

She rushed forward, slipping away unnoticed by the class and heading towards the villains, but someone appeared before her from a cloud of thick black smoke.

Miri stopped, surprise growing on her face.

"I recognize you. Nightmare's daughter, yes?" He sighed. "This complicates things. I can't have you rushing off to your teacher's aid. Just sit right here and everything will be fine." He looked down at her.

Miri narrowed her eyes. Strangers identifying her as Nightmare's daughter immediately? These guys were definitely not the good kind. "And who are you to tell me that?" She moved to get around him, but his seemingly misty body grew bigger.

"Nightmare would be quite a problem for us should any harm come to you. Please make this easier for all of us and stay out of the way.." He stated, ignoring her question.

Miri had enough. She rolled her eyes. "I regret to inform you," She started, mocking his manner of speech, "but I'm a student at U.A. and I don't give a single flying squirrel turd what you want me to do. Your very presence is a problem alone for my class and I don't appreciate it."

The class had made a beeline towards the door, not noticing what was happening behind them.

Not knowing what else to do, the misty man then converged on Miri. She was a waste of time and getting her out of the way now was more effective than politely asking her. Her body was sucked in by his warp gate and he warped to the front of the class, preventing them from opening the doors.

Miri fell out of his warp, landing roughly on the ground in front of the class. Kirishima dived to her side, checking to see if she was okay, but the girl was having none of it.

Miri didn't hesitate to get back to her feet and round off on the guy. She flew at him, fist ready for a punch. To her surprise, she passed right through the shadow cloud he had created.

She hit the ground on the other side behind him. She held her shoulder in pain and sat there while it healed.

"We are the League of Villains." The man stated. "We came here to kill All Might, but it appears he isn't here. It seems justifiable that we handle your lot while we wait for him to show up."

Kirishima and Bakugo glared at the guy before them.

"Like hell you will!" Bakugo roared as he charged at the shadowed man, Kirishima flying next to him.

Both of them missed, landing on the other side much like Miri did.

Bakugo landed on Miri's back, knocking the air from her lungs.

"Get out of the way, you damned extra!" He roared and started smacking at her head.

"You stupid porcupine! There are more important things to be worrying about!" Miri squirmed beneath him, trying to hit him herself.

"Seeing how some of you won't go gently, I'll just have to..." The warp gate grew larger, slowly moving towards the students.

Miri pushed Bakugo off, rising to her feet. She couldn't manipulate his darkness if she tried. She has to touch the darkness to control it.

And since she couldn't physically touch him...

She was useless.

She watched as the warp covered the entire class.

Her vision faded to black.