*Chapter Sixty-Nine*

Hibiki had been arrested and placed in jail in the few days following the incident. He was given a life sentence in Tartarus, which he was serving.

When being hauled out of the courtroom, he called out to Miri, who was attempting to leave, "There is no place you can hide that I won't find you. I will get out. And when I do? I'm coming to eat your heart too."

After the events of the clearing, the media took a fresh approach on the topic that was Mirianne Shotomoto. She didn't seem much like a villain, more like a young girl with a tragic backstory. Everyone wanted to interview her for her take on the corruption that surrounded the Pro Hero Gallant, her father.

The image wasn't the most preferred, but Miri understood it as a start to rebuilding her reputation. There were people who still had their doubts in her, but they were becoming less and less frequent.

Miri saw things in a much different, much brighter light.

𓆩*𓆪

The therapist stared at Miri, eyes wide.

"And that all happened...in months?" She asked.

Miri quirked her lip, shutting the last notebook in the massive stack beside her chair. "Crazy, huh?"

"And you wrote all of it down," The therapist's eyes dropped to the stack of notebooks. "In your diaries?"

"They're not diaries." Miri held the notebook to her chest. "Just a collection of personal information."

The therapist slowly nodded and wrote a few things on her clipboard. "Right..." She looked up. "Now that we've talked about...your entire life until this point, shall we talk about why you're here today?"

"It's the same thing every day, Doc." Miri smiled down at her hands. "I just want to be better for everyone. This is what I think will be the best thing. For both me being me, and then ultimately becoming the hero I want to be."

"And now that we've talked all about your past...what else would you like to talk about in your sessions with me?"

Miri slapped her hands on her knees and pushed herself up. "This is only my first year at U.A. Each day is something new, something different. I'm sure I'll always have something to talk about."

"And how about the whispers? When was the last time you heard them?" The therapist wrote a few more things down and looked up expectantly.

"I haven't heard them in..." Her mind flashed to that night in the clearing. "In about two weeks."

"Excellent." She wrote it down, but looked up to watch Miri make her way to the door. "Where are you going? You still have twenty minutes."

"True, but I have to be somewhere right now. I'm sorry." Miri grabbed the door.

"Where are you going?"

Miri flashed her a smile over her shoulder. "To court."

𓆩*𓆪

"I now declare Anton Reyes the legal guardian of Mirianne Shotomoto." The judge slammed his gavel. "Congratulations."

Miri smiled, tears streaming down her face. She leapt from her seat and landed in the arms of her grandfather, who hugged her tightly against him.

"I'm so happy." She whispered into his shoulder.

Anton himself was looking a little misty eyed. He hugged his granddaughter to him, thankful for anything and everything it took to get to that moment.