*Chapter Nineteen*

Miri stood on the raised platform, staring who was supposedly her opponent down. She was sizing her up, looking for any signs of what their quirk could be. Her eyes burned, and she rubbed them aggressively. It was a mixture of her allergies, which have been acting up since she stepped into the area, and her argument with Todoroki only a few minutes prior.

She tried to push all thought of him from her mind. She needed to focus on her fight.

"Itsaru Minamo of Class 1C versus Mirianne Shotomoto of Class 1A. Let's get this party started!" Present Mic all but screamed into the microphone. The spectators erupted into cheers, eager to really see what each girl had in store.

"Ooooo! Kamui, look! It's the girl from earlier!" Mt. Lady eagerly pointed at the monitor.

Kamui stepped closer and gazed at the screen. "Wow, she was telling the truth."

"I've been kind of following this year's group." Another hero was on watch duty stepped up. "Word on the street is that they had a glitch in their system and some extra kids slipped into classes, about one extra for each if I remember correctly. That Mirianne out there got first place in the entrance exam." The hero rubbed his face. "Looking at her here, she looks oddly familiar, and her last name rings a bell too..." He stared at the screen a little longer, watching the white- and-black-haired girl.

Back in the arena, Minamo glared harshly at Miri. "I'll bet you don't even know who I am."

Miri's nose flared. "No...? Am I supposed to?" She subtly wiped at her runny nose. Her voice was nasally and congested. Something wasn't right.

The pink-haired girl growled. "We were in the same sector during the entrance exam. I remember it perfectly. Everyone worked their asses off to get points, to get enough to be put in the hero course. But then you waltzed through as if you owned the place and took all the points from us. Those of us who even made the cut for this school got in on rescue points." She said it as though the words were disgusting. As if it pained her to even say them. "Rescue points that resulted from your reckless actions! You're nothing but a cheater. A thief. An arrogant little bitch."

Miri was taken aback. She felt guilty for those who were in her sector that she had taken a lot of points from. She knew what she did. It was a moment of pride, desperation for her to get into the school. However, it was a competition. She followed the rules as she was supposed to. She just tried harder. This girl in front of her seemed to be spit-firing insults.

"I'll admit, I attempted to show off, but I just wanted to get in as you guys did. I wanted to be in the Hero Course. I'm not a cheater. Just because I tried harder doesn't mean I cheated. It was a competition, I don't understand how you expected it to be fair to everyone else. That wasn't the point of the entrance exam. It was to assess our skills and-"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Minamo stamped her foot. "I don't care to hear what you have to say. I know the point of the entrance exam."

Miri stared at her for a moment, finally realizing why this girl acted the way she did. She sighed heavily. "You're one of those spoiled kids who thinks they should be handed things on a silver platter, right?" Her throat itched, and she started feeling grosser and grosser.

"Excuse me?" She squeaked. "You're the spoiled one here." She grit her teeth, slowly kicking off her shoes. "Doesn't matter, we'll really see who should have placed first in the entrance exam."

Miri curled her fist, letting her body power up. "I guess we will." She snorted the discharge back up her nose.

"Begin!" Midnight threw her flag, signaling that it was finally time to start.