Chapter 3

As I lead Ron and Hermione down the hall, Hermione asks "How long have you been a doctor?"

I smile "Four years." She gives an impressed look, before I motion towards my head "I've been experimenting with potions and such. On accident, I absorbed a medical textbook."

She furrows her brow and asks "What do you mean?"

I furrow my brow and explain "I can quote thousands of medical textbooks, verbatim."

Her features go amazed, before Ron asks "What else have have you figured out?"

I shrug, before declaring "Most of my experiments fail. I've been working on the same experiment for eight years."

Hermione furrows her brow "What is it?" I lick my lips and turn a corner. When I don't reply, she asks "Is it why your parents disowned you?"

I shake my head, before stopping next to the ICU doors. When I push them open, I keep it open for them.

When we step into the ICU, I shove my clipboard under my arm and put my hand under a hand sanitizer dispenser.

They follow my example, before I lead them towards bed three. When I step in, I find they stand in the doorway, in shock.

When I step up to Harry, Hermione sobs. As I look back to them, I find they hold onto one another. Hermione cries and Ron is in shock.

For the first time, I look to Harry and remember who he really was.

I take in a shakey breath, before declaring "I'll get a couple of chairs."

What I step out of the room, the ICU nurse, Charlotte asks "Doctor Malfoy, are you alright?"

I push my hair out of my face and ask "Will you bring two chairs in to Mister Pottah's friends?"

She nods and I walk past her to start back to my office.

~

When six rolls around, I toss my belongings into my messenger bag and stride out of my office.

After I clock out, I run into Doctor Pryce, the female doctor "How was your day off?" I ask.

As she clocks in, she declares "Found my son in bed with another boy."

"Oh?" I ask and she hums. I look over her features, to find she's expressionless "How do you feel about that?"

She shrugs, before sighing "I'm horrified for him." I furrow my brow and she states "I wish I knew another gay guy. So he wouldn't feel so alone."

I press my lips into a fine line and ask "Are you okay with it?" She nods and looks me over.

She gives a weak smile "He's my baby. I want him to be happy." She looked me over "Why?"

I shake my head, before declaring "I'm going to head home." She gives a weak smile, I continue down the hall.

When I walk past the waiting room, Hermione sticks her hand out and pulls me in.

As I straighten out my clothes, careful not to expose my stomach, Molly asks "Where are you going?"

I cock an eyebrow to her and declare "Home." She looks me over and I sigh "Believe it or not, doctors need sleep, too."

Arthur scoffs, before declaring "We're taking you out, at least!"

I furrow my brow and ask "Why?"

George reminds "You saved Harry's life."

I give them all a tired look, before declaring "It's my job, okay?" They smile weakly and I sigh "I'm fucking tired."