Chapter 18

Charlie looks between us, before asking Narcissa "What are you doing here?"

She looks me over in concern, before telling him "My son is ill. I'm here to check on him."

I scoff in anger and ask sarcastically "Your son? I thought you didn't have children."

She gives a regretful look and tells me "I love you, dearly, Draco. I've been keeping an eye on you."

I cock an eyebrow to her and remark "So, the four years that I pimped myself out, you knew I was living in a car? Or the year I spent, ripping up the floorboards of this house, with my bare hands, by myself? What, did you watch my break downs?"

She looks me over in pity and I continue "Everytime I nearly froze to death, or starved myself for a week? You just watched, and went home to binge on champagne and caviar, only to vomit it back up?"

She gives an understanding smile, before telling me "I wanted to help you. I really did." She motions towards the dining room "Let's take a seat. Maybe I could explain what I c-"

"Bullshit." I interrupt, before turning towards the stairs "You can't just drop by and act like nothing happened!"

As I step onto the first step, she calls out "You used a spatula to pry up the stairs, starting from the top. By the time you got to that step, all but one of your fingernails were ripped off, or bruised. For the life of you, you couldn't pry it up, and you sat there, and started to cry."

I set my jaw in remembrance, before she quotes "I can't do this! Why is this my life? Why? Why couldn't I have just died in the war? Why am I one of the wizards that survived?"

I set my jaw and she shrugs "I can tell you that you've slept with exactly two hundred and twenty-four people. Or that you use a purple shampoo, but you've recently switched to blue, to get rid of the orange shade in your hair." She motions towards Scorpio and declares "You named him Scorpio, because you've always wanted a son, and would call him by that name."

I take in a deep breath and she continues "If your child was a girl, you'd name her Sigma, because of the star Sigma Draconis, in the Draco constellation. You said she would be your special little star, and the light of your life. You actually love children."

Charlie looks to me, questionably and I sigh "She's not wrong." I furrow my brow and clear my throat "I'm going to bed."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but-" I look back to Narcissa and she motions towards my meds "It's time for your medication."

In frustration, I swallow one pill and storm up the stairs.

~

When I come down the next morning, Narcissa sits at the table and I cock my eyebrow to her "Don't you have a husband in need of a blowjob? Merlin knows it's not the only thing you gag on."

Molly turns around in an instant and hisses "Draco, that is no way to talk to your mother!"

I shrug, before motioning towards the cinnamon buns "May I?" She gives a short nod and I take a couple.

When I place one in front of Narcissa, I ask "Those are your favorite, weren't they?" I remark, remembering the Christmas she stuffed her face, and I caught her purging.

She gives a bitter smile, before telling me "Lucius is away, until tonight." She pinches at her bun as I take a bite out of mine.

When I swallow, I remark "What, are you on a diet or something?"

She picks it up and bites into it, before telling me "I haven't purged in four years." When she places it down, she wipes her hand on a cloth and tells me "Haven't binged in a year."

I furrow my brow and motion towards her callused knuckles "So, you got calluses on your knuckles from Garrod's Pad?"

She looks down and furrow her brow "I've taken up tapestry work. Surprisingly therapeutic." She nods, before pulling a bit off the bun and eating it.

I look her over for any way to catch her in a lie. When I can't find one, I ask "How did you know about Sigma and Scorpio?"

She gives a weak smile, before declaring "I have a couple of people watching over you."

I lean forward and ask "Who?"

She smirks and declares "I can tell you that, Draco. We have a binding contract stating that we won't break confidentiality."

I near my gaze and growl "Bullshit."

She takes in a deep breath, before declaring "Discretion is apart of their job."

It hits like a brick wall and I stand, immediately "It was you!" I scream, drawling everyone's attention.

She looks utterly calm as all the emotion that the Lithium was holding back, finally breaks through.

It feels like a roaring river of sorrow, anger, fear, hatred, and a physically aching rage.

When she doesn't say anything, I can't help myself from slamming my fist into the table and insisting "DON'T YOU DARE PLAY DUMB!"

As I pant for panicked air, Rose starts to cry in fright and Narcissa looks me dead in the eyes "I don't know what you're talking about."

I cock an eyebrow to her and ask, loud enough for the Weasleys to hear "So you didn't pay Pottah to spy on me?"

The corners of her mouth turn up and she tells me "I didn't pay Harry Potter to spy on you."

"BULLSHIT!" I hiss, before looking towards the Weasleys "Harry has been in a coma for months! Which one of you weasels told her what I've been up to?"

"Draco!" Narcissa calls out in a motherly discipled manner. When I look back to her, she shakes her head "They wouldn't have known about Sigma."

I huff in anger and she tells me "I never paid him." I furrow my brow in confusion and she states "At first, he followed you because he wanted to see if you'd snap."

I furrow my brow and ask "How did you know about the shampoo, or the cat?"

She motions towards the cat "I read his collar, and I looked around your bathroom."

I motion towards the Weasleys and ask "How did you know that the shampoo wasn't one of their's?"

She scoffs, before declaring "You're the only one with thinning hair, love."

I narrow my gaze to her, causing her to raise her hands in playful surrender. After a moment, I step into my kitchen, dry swallow my Lithium and Zidovudine.

As I step towards the utility room, Hermione asks "Draco?"

I take a deep breath, before declaring "Let me step away."

When I step outside, I step towards the center of my backyard and let my weight drop, just to finally let it out.