Chapter 27

After I get home, I stock up to my room and turn to my potion. Anxiously, I turn to my journal and flip to my current trial.

With a breath to calm my nerves, I remove my shirt and hold out my forearm.

I can hear my heart pounding as I pick up the ladle. As I spread the bottom of the spoon against the dark mark, it feels like fire coursing through my veins.

It hurts too much to scream, and my heart pounds. As I frantically look over the materials, I understand what I have to do.

I missed a strain of jellyfish venom, with powdered lionfish, venomous tentacula, powdered griffin claw, and hemlock, along with other things. Venomous tentacula and lionfish, I realize now, are the main ingredients in potion No. 7. One of the most dangerous potions ever made.

"Fuck!" I sigh, before quickly unzipping my pants and wiping out my penis. I quickly stand over my empty cauldron and urinate over my arm.

The pain only intensifies and I know it'll only get worse before it gets better. As I take in deep breaths, I grab a bottle of alcohol and empty it over my blistered forearm.

I whine in agony, before tossing the empty alcohol bottle across the room. When I pour dittany extract over the blisters, nothing happens.

Anxiously, I down some, before turning back to my ingredients. Instantly, I grab cinnamon, ginger, mandrake leafs and unicorn hair.

As I sprinkle on the cinnamon and powdered ginger, my stomach knots. After layering on the mandrake leafs, I bind them down with unicorn hair.

As the pain subsides, I collapse to the side and let out an exhausted breath.

~

Later that night, there's a knock on my door. Hermione pokes her head in and tells me "Supper is ready."

I nod and wrap my arms around my jumper, before standing up.

As I walk downstairs, Molly looks to me with a smile, which drops within a second "You're looking a bit sickly, dear."

I glance into the window to find I'm extremely pale. I gulp, before telling her "Experimental potion." I shake my head, before telling her "Bad."

She looks me over in concern, before asking "Do you feel sick?" I nod, before tiredly reaching for my medicine.

After I swallow them, I straighten out and pop my back. When the kitchen clears out, Molly holds out a plate to me and insists "You first."

I step up to the stove to find bangers and mash. As I fill my plate, Molly asks "What do you want to drink, love?"

I take in a ghastly breath, before telling her "I'm going to get some water."

She rubs my back, softly, before declaring "I'll get it for you." As I smother my plate in gravy, she gets me a drink "What was the potions for?"

I furrow my brow and tell her "Regrets." She gives a confused look and I take the glass from her, before walking into the dining room.

~

The next morning, I unbind my wound to find it's gone, but the dark mark isn't. With a sigh, I start to get dressed.

As I walk into the kitchen, rolling up my sleeves, Molly smiles at me and whispers "How are you feeling, this morning?"

I smile as I take a chocolate muffin from one of the baskets "Better." I tell her, taking a bite from my muffin.

As I eat it, she places my medicine in front of me and asks "I'm going to make those leftover sausages and rolls into sandwiches for luch, if that's okay."