Chapter 19

As I stare up at the clouds, I don't actually examine them. The ER scene plays through my head and I really start to see what happened.

Jaime saw me with Charlie, and thought I had moved on. I am the reason he's dead.

I truly do love him, and I think I always will, but he's gone. I'm still here. And I've got to fight like hell to break all of my insecurities he hated.

It would be an insult to his memory if I didn't. Although I'm not over him, I'll break every other insecurity, besides sex.

Number one: my inability to forgive those who've wronged me.

Mainly, he hated the way I was horrified about getting hurt. Or the way I get a disgusted look on my at the mention of my parents. I think he was horrified that I would cut him off.

And I did.

With a sigh, I weigh my options. Part of me just wants to jump the fence and run.

Out of nowhere, I see a white fluff walking next to me. When I glance over, I realise it's Scropio, walking up with his straight up.

With a scoff, I prop myself up on my elbows and ask "How did you get out here?"

Scorpio sits next to me and starts to purr, staring at me with his big blue eyes.

I sigh, before sitting up and stroking his back "What am I going to do with you, huh?"

He looks back to the house and I follow his gaze to find the Weasleys peering through the windows.

They quickly duck down and I moisten my lips. As I stand, I pick up the slick white cat.

When I walk into the house, the Weasleys look me over. As I sit Scorpio down, I notice Narcissa hasn't moved.

With a sigh, I cross my arms and insist "Answer me this: why did you choose Harry Pottah to follow me?"

She gives a weak smile, before telling me "He spoke at our hearings. He spoke-" she holds an amusement for a moment "fondly- of you. At first, he insisted that he wanted to watch you crumble, but I could tell he was lying."

She looks me over "And over the years, he asked me questions have your childhood." She shrugs, before furrowing her brow "He became a lifeline for me. He felt like I did. Grieved like I grieved. Saw you struggling, and wanted to help."

I furrow my brow and ask "Help?"

She takes in a deep breath, before asking "On the occasions you didn't eat for days on end, how often did you find a ten or twenty pound note on the street?"

I furrow my brow and tell her "A couple of times, before I came to understand that I would have to steal money away from people."

She nods and Charlie asks "You really slept with two hundred and twenty-four people?"

I shrug, before telling him "That seems about right. I didn't keep track."

He smirks, before remarking "You don't kiss and tell, do you?"

I scoff, before declaring "I don't kiss."

He furrows his brow and asks "What is that supposed to mean? What do you do to slither into someone's bed?"

I smirk, before George cuts in "Slytherin?"

Charlie sighs in annoyance, before I explain "Quite frankly, I watched body language. Mimicked the people they stared at." I scoff "And if I got pitched down, when I was really desperate, I popped a bit of GHB in their drink, took them back to their place, helped them into bed, grabbed all their valuables, and left. No sex, and I pocket a couple grand."

He gives an amazed look, before asking "How many people have you kissed?"

I hold up three fingers, before elaborating "Pansy, in confusion of course. Blaise and Jamie where the only blokes."

He gives an amused look, before asking "You've got a think for men of colour, don't you?"

I press my lips into a fine line, before declaring "Skin colour isn't what gets me. My forte is dark hair."

He nods and Ron interrupts "Jaime was black?"

I hum, before crossing my arms "He was a beautiful shade of dusty, bitter, pale espresso. His lips where this gorgeous shade of caramel, and his eyes where big pieces of chocolate, and his hair was such a dark brown that it was almost black." I motion towards my head, before crossing my arms, again "His hair was always a messy nest of curly hair, that he would shove forward. It would cover part of his forehead." I smile, softly "The only time I ever saw his forehead, was when he was asleep." I moisten my lips and declare "He hated me to touch it, but the instant he was asleep, my fingers went for his hair."

Charlie smiles, warmly "You sound like the both of you were happy." I nod and he asks "What happened?"

I scratch my forehead, before explaining "There used to be four doctors at the hospital, last year. She was diagnosed with a terminal illness, and died less than a week later. When never got another doctor."

Ginny furrows her brow "How much did your work schedule change?"

I furrow my brow and explain "Currently, I work 240 hours a month, or eight hours a day. I used to work 180 hours a month, or six hours a day."

They give amazed look and I shrug "I plan to go back to work, as soon as I stop vomiting at the smell of cooking meat, or drinking like a camel."

Narcissa gives a weak smile "That's your choice, love."

I hum, not really knowing what to say to her, before clearing my throat and declaring "I'm going to go for a jog."

Hermione scoffs "A jog?"

I shrug, before starting up the stairs "Exercise!" I call over my shoulder as I stomp up the stairs, a joking tone in my voice "Doctor's orders!"