Chapter 31

The next morning, I sit up to find Teddy reading a book, next to me. He looks to me and asks "Can you take the needle out of my arm, please?"

I nod and stand up. After sanitizing my hands, I quickly take the needle out and place a bandage over his little puncture mark.

After getting rid of the fluid bag, I find he still sits in my bed. I furrow my brow and sit next to his feet.

When I remove the binding, his blisters are gone. I smile at him and remark "I do believe you'll live."

He smiles and asks "How was your date?"

I give a weak smile, before declaring "It was good. I think he's a good guy."

He smiles, before asking "I didn't ruin it, did I?"

I shake my head and declare "You couldn't ruin a thing, Teddy. You're too sweet to ruin anything."

He looks down and furrows his brow "I'm sorry I yelled at you."

I wave it off, before telling him "I've had it worse off. A few words don't phase me."

He nods, before pressing his lips into a fine line "Why are you so nice to my dad?"

I furrow my brow and ask him "He's a good man. Why would I be rude to him?"

He shrugs, before declaring "You didn't like each other in school. I don't understand why you tolerate each other, now."

I scoff, before telling him "Do you know how your father and I met?" He shakes his head.

I smile, softly, as he asks "Will you tell me the story."

I nod as he places his book to the side "We met in a taylor show, in Diagon Alley." I motion towards my head "I saw the scar, and tried to play it cool. Said what I thought he would want to hear, because I grew up with my father's standards."

I sigh as I continue "When we ran into one another on the train, I treated Ron like shit, to try to win Harry over."

He gives a confused look "Why?"

I shrug, before declaring "Before then, my mum was my teacher. She taught me basic maths, english, and french. The only male energy I had, was my father. I was secluded from the outside world, let alone the muggle world." I give a polite smile "I acted like my father."

He furrows his brow and declares "Dad told me you two fought a lot, but you were kinda ironically loyal to one another."

I give an embarrassed chuckle, as I look down at my hands "Well, Teddy. On my side, it wastes because I didn't like him."

"Oh?" He asks and I take in a deep breath "Then why did you not get along?"

I take in a deep breath, before declaring "I wanted to be him." He gives a confused look and I explain "With the ability to be anything. To be trusted by everyone. Loved. Adored."

I shake my head and tell him "And I know that his life wasn't perfect, but I was abused and neglected by insanity."

He looks me over and I tell him "My father was a dick, and my mum was vomiting in the garden, over her obsession with food."

He looks down and tells me "Dad... he's told me stories from his childhood." I look him over and he explains "How he was fed the table scraps that his aunt, uncle, and cousin, didn't want. All of his clothes were hand-me-downs. He slept in a cupboard under the stairs. On many occasions, he stayed there for weeks."

I nod, before declaring "I know he had a fucked up childhood." I shrug "He got away from it." I point downstairs "He was lucky enough to find an extraordinary family that would help him discover himself."

He takes in a deep breath "We're here for you, now."

I smile at him and nod, before declaring "There's a reason grown ups do what they do, Teddy."

He gives a confused look and I motion towards my head "Since we're little kids, our brains are hardwired to do things."

He furrows his brow and asks "Like tying our shoes?"

I nod, before telling him "In a way, yes." He gives a doubting look and I explain "For instance, I saw my father act like a monster, so I acted the same. And when I saw he was wrong, I flipped into an entirely different person."

He furrows his brow and asks "Then how is it hardwired?"

I give a weak smile "It's hardwired to never become my father."

He nods and is about to say something, when there's a knock on the door. I turn around as Molly pokes her head in "Breakfast is ready."

I give a weak smile, before she closes the door. Tiredly, I walk towards my cupboard and grab a jumper.

As I pull it on, I feel Teddy wrap his arms around my waist, innocently. With a smile, I look down at him and move the hair out of his face "You are so loved, Teddy."

He smiles, before declaring "So are you."

~

When we get to Harry's room, he looks up with a smile "How was your d-ate, Draco?"

I shrug, before declaring "He's a decent guy, I guess."

"He came home with a stiffy." Charlie states.

I glare at him as Teddy asks "What's a stiffy?"

Harry scowls at Charlie, before telling Teddy "It's an er-ection, love."

I furrow my brow and ask "Teddy knows what an erection is?"

Harry nods, before declaring "Caught him w-anking a mon-th before the accident." He shrugs "We've had THE talk."

I look to Teddy with understanding "I started wanking when I was seven." They give a shocked look and I shrug, before leaning against the doorframe "Kids do it as a way to relieve stress... kinda like asexual people."

Charlie looks to me over and asks "What were you going through?"

I furrow my brow and declare "Mum was having laxatives for dessert, and vomiting after every meal. Lucius was being a regular arse."

He nods, before looking to Teddy "What, were you having an exam in primary?"

He shakes his head and I motion towards my crotch "He might actually be going through the early stages of puberty."

Teddy furrows his brow "Am I going to wake up a foot taller, overnight?"

I move the hair out of his face and declare "Maybe in a few years, bub."

He groans in annoyance and Harry tells him to "Count your blessings, darling."

FILTHY ~ Drarry Fanfic जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें