Chapter II -M- Royalty

That ghost is me.

The door opens and I look at the only person that would dare come in here.

"Hey, Thea."

"MEL! How was it? Were there any cute guys? Besides the usual ones, of course! Was the King annoying? I mean you don't have to tell me if you don't want to! I want to know! But you can tell me tomorrow! Are you tired? You don't look tired! You look gorgeous! It's been ages since I saw your hair! OMG! Did you-"

"THEA! Breathe!" My crazy best friend takes a moment to breath when I interrupt her infinite list of questions and random talk. "Sit"

She swims towards my bed while I sit on my vanity chair.

"I'm sorry." She's talking slower now, thank god, I can finally understand her. "You know how I get. But spill!"

"Nothing out of the ordinary happened, I had to dance and talk superficial matters, pretend to be a princess and escape when I saw an opportunity."

"Ohh... Mel, I hate that you can never be yourself, you are a princess, just not The princess. Every girl is a Goddess! It's better than being a princess!! Princesses suck!"

"Thea! Shhh! Don't say that, it could be considered treason." I know she means well but it's my reality, no way to escape it. "Things are just the way they are, it's my life's purpose."

"Meleah! No one has as a life's purpose to live forever as someone else! What happens when she gets married?! Are you going to share a husband?! Until when will this crazy situation go? When are you going to be free to be yourself?! I don't want this life for you! I refuse to believe this is going to be your life forever!" I think she's panicking but I'm not very good at dealing with emotions, so I just go to her and pat her shoulder.

"Thea, it's fine, when I'm no longer needed the King and Queen will figure something out."

"Mel...When you are no longer needed, you're dead." Her eyes are full of concern but also seriousness.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Mel, they won't allow anyone to ever now what's been going on. You'll need to run eventually. I'll go with you! It will be fun!"

"Thea no one is running ok... you are overreacting. Lizzie is my friend and you don't really know the whole story."

"I know that every day you have to act like her, talk like her, little by little you are losing who you are. Everyday, while she does nothing you are kept from living your life. If she was your friend, she wouldn't want that for you, just like I don't. You both need to start living your own lives."

I know she's right but it's not that time yet, the Royals are only looking out for their daughter and they are counting on me, Lizzie is counting on me, so I have to keep this up a little longer.

"I know. And we will, soon."

"Mel..."

"Thea, trust me this once. I promise. After she gets married, I'll be free to go on a soul search if that's want you want."

"Have they told you this?"

"Not directly..." She looks accusatorily at me. "Fine! I'll ask!"

"Good girl! Now let's hear the details about the males you met today." I laugh at my best and only friend, I love her. She's the only one that knows the truth and I would have lost it a long time ago if not for her.

We spend a long time talking before she leaves, and I fell asleep. At least tomorrow I won't have to attend any event, I'll probably stay in my room all day, as most days, so that no one sees me.