Chapter XV -D- Cool

This week has been a blast. Not only did I meet my not imaginary woman I spent every day with her.

"You have been going out a lot, Son. Anything I should know?" I'm still in Anthony's place playing dead for the rest of the world while Matt figures out my questions. Right now we are having breakfast together.

I smile at the old man, "No, nothing."

"I never seen you up so early while on vacation."

"Sometimes you really sound like my father, Anthony."

"Thank you. Now tell me. It's a woman? Did you forget about the one that saved you already?" I shake my head laughing, this old man is something else.

"No, I found her."

"You found her? And didn't say anything?!"

"Apparently not." I smirk at him.

"Funny, so...did you talk about what happened?"

"Sort of, she didn't know much."

"I see...and all this time you have been going out with her?"

"Yes, I find her interesting." I look him in the eyes as he assesses me.

"That pretty huh?" Busted.

"Yup." I laugh. "It's not only that. She is gorgeous, but I actually like her company, she keeps me on my toes but can be very naive and shy, just not with me."

"So not a mermaid."

I burst out laughing, "No, not a mermaid, but she is redhead like the one from your story."

He seems thoughtful.

"I want to meet her."

"What?"

"You heard me, boy. I want to meet this 'interesting' young lady."

"In my end there's no problem there, but not sure she'll be up for it." He's sitting there with his mouth open. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You don't mind??"

"Don't I mind what?"

"You don't mind introducing her to me?"

"No. Why would I?"

"You just never...I take it! Bring her here tonight, invite her to the ball."

"What ball?"

"The one I'm throwing."

"And since when are you throwing a ball?"

"Since right now. So stop with the questions and go meet her." He makes shooing movements.

"Fine, fine. I'm leaving." I rise from the table and turn my back to him, as I'm exiting the room, I hear him mumble.

"He better bring her, I'm not throwing a ball for nothing."

Sometimes Anthony is crazy but today I won't argue with him, I like the idea of him meeting her...maybe I'm the crazy one.

It's after lunch now and we are sitting on the beach, it became part of our routine to spend a few hours just sitting here, talking and watching the waves.

We are much closer to the ocean now, I feel like everyday she makes us go closer and I'm gradually becoming used to it.

"You seem more comfortable watching the ocean now." She almost read my thoughts.

I know I scared her on our second day when I basically read her mind, but she's just so easy to predict when she's arguing with me.

It's one of the things that puzzles me about her. When she's here with me and we tease each other or out on the town, she's so sassy and carefree and easy to read. However, there are some subjects in which she becomes a stone statue, she gives nothing away.