Chapter X -D- You Can't Be Serious

"Did you find anything at the beach?" Was already the middle of the afternoon by the time I returned to Anthony's house, having spent hours looking for my mystery savior.

"Not really." I decide to keep the bracelet I found a secret for now, until I understand this situation a little bit better.

"Well, Son, you are welcome to stay here for as long as you would like."

"I appreciate that. Anthony?"

"What is it?"

"Most people would think I'm crazy, that I should just be thankful that I'm alive and go on with my life."

"They would."

"Then why are you encouraging me to keep looking for someone that may not even be real?"

He looks so lost in thoughts that I think he won't answer me, but he surprises me when he says, "I believe there's more to your story than what we see, and I'm a noisy man."

"That's it? Curiosity?"

"That and you are the closest thing I have to a grandson, so I depend on you for great-grandchildren, so if you found a woman, interesting enough for you to search for...I want to meet her." I roll my eyes as he laughs. I know he's not 100% joking about the babies, but he looked dead serious about this story having more to it than it shows.

"Come on, Anthony, you know I don't believe in long lasting relationships and sappy romance."

"It's about time you start." The mischievous glint in his eyes alert me to danger. What is this old man thinking?

I am about to reply when I'm interrupted by my phone ringing.

Seeing as it is Sylvia, I answer.

"Hello, Sylvia."

"You are alive after all, Brother! Do you have any idea how worried I was, when you just disappeared from the party without a word and didn't answer your phone since then?!"

"I'm fine." Not wanting to go on details I opted for playing it cool. Bad move when it comes to my sister.

"Are you freaking kidding me?! That's it? 'I'm fine.'?! Why the hell didn't you talked to me if you were fine?!" I had to distance myself from the phone due to the volume of her voice.

"Sylvia, lower your voice. I'm sorry I didn't call, I was busy. Something urgent came up." I'm sure the guys didn't tell her about the note, and I'm thankful for that.

"I can't believe you. I was worried sick, and no one seemed to know anything. Your friends looked panicked when they met me at the party but refused to tell me anything and I got no word from you since then!"

"I'm sorry for not checking in, Sylvia, please forgive me." I hear her sniff away her tears.

"Fine."

"Sylvia...I need a favor." I hope she reacts well to this.

"What?"

"Don't tell anyone that you talked to me."

"Dylan, are you crazy? Everyone is worried!"

"I know and I'll talk to them myself. Can you please do as I ask? Tell no one, and I mean no one, that you have talked to me."

After a moment she agreed and following a promise that I would call her regularly, she finally hanged up the phone.

I look up to Anthony that is still watching me.

"What are you up to, son?"

"I have a plan, now it's time to start it."

"Very well then, good luck. I'm here if you need me." With that last remark the old man leaves me alone.