Chapter XI -M- Willpower

"Mel, you have to."

"I can't, Thea."

"They won't even suspect anything!"

"Thea!"

"Mel it has been two days since you came back, if you don't go soon you will never see that bracelet again."

"You know what you are saying? You are telling me to go to the Human world, possibly to meet a human who may or may not have my bracelet."

"Yes."

"I could be killed for that. I can't."

"Then are you ok with not seeing your mom's bracelet ever again?"

That stops me... that bracelet has been my treasure since my mom died.

"No..."

"See! And now that you know you can walk among humans you can even try and find Elizabeth!"

"Me?!I know next to nothing about the human world! How would I know where she'll be?"

"Well you know her better than anyone."

"Thea, if she's on land, she was most likely kidnapped, so me knowing her won't help anything. She's the Princess, she can't turn human."

"I guess you are right."

"Besides I have no idea how the Royals found how that I left the first time, they will catch me again and this time I will be severely punished."

"I think I know..."

"You do?!"

"You left in the morning and were supposed to come back by dinner time, but you didn't show, so I came to look for you and the Queen's maid did the same. When I got here, she was already leaving and my job isn't related to the Princess so I couldn't call for her and give her an excuse...I'm sorry Meleah, it was my idea and then I didn't have your back."

"Thea...it's ok, you would be punished if they caught you lying, I don't blame you."

"But I blame me! I feel even more guilty because you lost your bracelet."

"That was my fault, I decided to help the human."

"You decided to be a good person, that's not a mistake. You have to get it back." She is right. Although I don't want to go back to land, I have to. I need that bracelet.

"Fine, I'm going. Do you have a plan?"

"Of course I do! This time you leave at dawn and-"

"Wait it's already nighttime!"

"So? The sooner the better. Now listen. You leave at dawn, get there and look for the bracelet and come back, no brainer."

"Not really a plan but sure. Just one tiny question...how do I prevent the royals of finding out and kill me?"

"Glad you ask...Today is the ball." She says as if it is some great reveal.

"Yeah...and?"

"The Princess is never seen on ball's days, remember? No one will even ask for you until later. And if someone does, I make sure to be here to tell them that the Princess is getting ready for the ball and does not wish to be bother."

"But that's not your job."

"I'll yell from the door and they won't know it's me, they'll just think that the Princess asked for someone to help her."

"Hmmm...that might actually work..."

"Just make sure you come back in time to get ready."

"Deal. A day is more than enough time, I'll be back at sunset."