Chapter XXIX -M- Forgiveness

I'm beyond nervous once Dylan stops the car in front of a mansion-like house. I shouldn't have agreed to this so quickly.

I really want to meet my father's best friend, that's why I was so eager. However, I stupidly forgot that he is also Dylan's father. What if he doesn't like me? I might ruin my father's image and my relationship with Dylan in one night.

"Is going to be ok, Honey. Relax."

"I'm relaxed." I say instinctively.

"Really? It must be some other redhead crushing my hand then. My bad." I immediately release the hold I have on his hand and look away ashamed. He grabs my hand again and laughs. "I didn't say you could stop."

"Are you a masochist?"

"Yes. I've fallen for you, haven't I?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"That you are the only one that I don't mind if you're breaking my bones when you are stressed or in pain."

"I'm pretty sure you were implying something else..."

"Nope." I look at him with one eyebrow raised. "Fine, I really meant you are the only one I don't mind suffering for." I can swear he's blushing and can't contain a 'awwwnn so cute', what a sweet way of saying I'm mean.

He's obviously trying to distract me and is partially working.

"Hey, Dylan...?" I ask nervously.

"Hmm?"

"What did you tell him about me?" I should have asked this sooner, but it didn't occur to me.

"I told him who you were and what Adrien did. Don't worry I didn't tell him why. I said I didn't know."

"So you just told him I'm Anthony's granddaughter and that Adrien topic? Ok, not so bad." I won't die of embarrassment if that's all he knows. I was afraid that Dylan told him something about me being a mermaid, and he would think we are both crazy. Not that I don't trust Dylan but sometimes he doesn't know how to shut up.

"Well..." He looks guilty. Why does he look guilty? What more did he tell his father? Oh no, I knew it, he said something weird.

"Well what?"

"I kinda sorta also told him you are my girlfriend." He speaks so quick I almost don't understand. Then it clicks. He what?!

"You 'kinda sorta' told him we are dating?" Oh no, did this become some type of meeting the parents' reunion?! I'm not prepared for that!

"Yeah..." Wait...are we dating?

"I don't remember that ever happening." I pretend to think about something I'm sure didn't happen. I really want to mess with him for going ahead and assuming something.

"I just...I didn't...I mean..." He doesn't decide what he wants to say and is really cute. He huffs and says, "Well, would you?"

"Would I what?" I try not to smile.

"Be my girlfriend." He looks so nervous, is hilarious. As if I would ever say no.

"I don't know." He looks both shocked and scared, serves him right.

"You don't know?" His voice shakes a little and I contain a smile. I could torture him a little bit longer, but I see shadows in the window, they are waiting for us.

"Of course I would." He doesn't react for a while. Did he even hear me?

"YAS!" He shouts out of nowhere and the surprise makes me recoil. "Come on, Honey. Time to meet the parents!" He plants a small peck on my lips and gets out of the car, runs to my side and opens my door.